“Food fabulous? Forget it. ”

Ranked #343 of 603 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

One would think that having a great place on the beach would inspire the owner to provide fabulous food. Forget it. The food is less than mediocre. Between us we ordered lamb, pork and a salad. The pork was tough, the lamb reasonable and no self-respecting person would eat the salad. Therefore after three mouthfuls, I gave up. There were three tiny pieces of feta, limp salad, warm cucumber and tomato and more onions than anyone would want. It was plain awful. I should've complained but didn't. The other food was ok but nowhere near as excellent as we have had at other places. No one came back to the table to ask if we wanted more drinks and really service was sloppy. Not interested in going back.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Food looks and tastes bad. Only good thing is the location. Nothing else. We ordered fish fingers for the kids which they said tasted bad. Salad was not fresh as well.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Kleftico was cooked but flavourless my mojito was good though, plenty of kick at 7 euros. One of my companions had the village salad which she said was good and another had cheese wrapped in bacon also good so maybe hit and miss on the food. However the music was far too loud and we did not stay for pudding. Also a point to note if you want to use a toilet you are directed to the public toilets which are next door and akso used by beach goers so not exactly ideal

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Positives -

Great location,

Friendly service.

Negatives -

Food was average at best. The kleftiko was tender but not very well cooked and the flavour was disappointing. The crispy chicken was dry and frankly I'd had better at KFC.

The toilets were the public toilets next door. I took my daughter once but the gents were too dirty, so I called my wife over to take her into the ladies. I was informed that one cubicle had no seat the other had a hole in the door.

The music from the bar next door was deafening, a mixture of Europop, Gangsta rap, and 90's club music. Apparently the staff hate it as well. We asked to be seated at the far end of the restaurant to be as far away from the music as possible.

Save yourself from a very disappointing experience and go elsewhere.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

For our second time out for dinner, We decided to visit La Plage. Not only because it was close to our house but also for reviews we had read.

It was as good as we hoped. We went there a bit early - around 7pm. Not so crowded and very nice views.

All the food we had was delicious, everything from starters to deserts. Big portions and very service minded waiters. Looking after us all the time with a smile on their faces. We stayed there for almost 3 hours and enjoyed every minute of it.

We will defenitley be back for more good food experience.