“Very disappointing for a 5 star hotel”

Hotel Plaza Andorra
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Andorra la Vella
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I am extremely disappointed with the staff, accusing me to be a liar.

I had the misfortune to forget my nice coat in the wardrobe.
My partner and I were rushing to make it in good time to the ski slopes. We were further delayed because there weren't enough tables for all the customers in the room where breakfast was served and I ended up forgetting the coat in the room's wardrobe.
When I realised it was missing we were already 100 miles away. So I called reception to please take special care and keep my coat safe.
By my surprise, this £200 coat was never found. I asked the manager to check again, as I was 100% sure I left it in the room, but once again I was told in a rather sarcastic way that the ladies who cleaned the room didn't find it.

I am truly disappointed as the hotel was rated to such high standard and they ended up misplacing my coat and accusing me of being a liar.

The room was very standard. There was nothing special about it; only the smell of old furniture.
The bathroom was not looked after. When we moved in, we found that the tap in the bath was left on and the bottom of the door was swollen from excess humidity or lack of ventilation.

Breakfast was quite varied. However, the room where breakfast was catered was too small. Baring in mind the dimensions of the hotel, the number of tables was rather low.

The hotel car park was very expensive. I have been to other hotels in Andorra la Vella where the parking was included with the price of the room.

I am not going back to this hotel, and I would never recommended to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not go for standard if you look for a decent room
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Marta P, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Plaza Andorra, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear Marta, Thanks for choose our hotel and for your review. We opologize for the inconvenience during your stay, specially for a problem with your jacket Thank you very much and we hope that this incident does not hold you back from visiting our wonderful country. Best regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel Plaza Andorra

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

So from the moment I arrived at the hotel they could not do enough to help me. I arrived after having my bag and passport stolen at Barcelona airport and from the minute I arrive both the reception team and manager could not do enough to help me. I would like to thank Leonard and Peter they were fantastic helping to explain and book transport for me to go to the police station and back to the consulate in Barcelona but to be fair everyone was brilliant but in particular these two.

Room itself was lovely very spacious and always cleaned to a high standard. Food was also amazing and we opted for breakfast and dinner as we had planned to ski. For the days we managed to ski the transfer shuttle bus is no issue loads of times available and only take 10 minutes to get to en-camp. Reception area was brilliant, only thing I would say is the bar needs to be more renovated into a bar or separate than the cafetière but that makes just a suggestion.

Considering the circumstances I enjoyed my holiday and this was due to the staff at the Hotel Plaza.

I would like to say thank you all and hopefully return next year.

Anyone that is looking to go to this hotel I would say yes boom it .... it's 5* standard.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Marta P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Plaza Andorra, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel. We are very proud to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I was there many years ago
I ll be back and i found all renovate
What a work of renovation
Please upgrade also the standard of the receptionist a smile will be a myst with out talking about the absence of the politness of the receptionist
Thanks good waiters and Chef Sergi
Made up ...so frendly and profesional
So help full and kind and morning with a smile make the day sunny day

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Marta P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Plaza Andorra, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

We had a first class experience at this hotel. It truly is a fine hotel even when it shows its age. However, this adds to its charm in my opinion.

Location
It has a good location in a nice and safe area, centrally located in the attractions / shopping area of Andorra la Vella.

Parking
There is parking right on the premises of the hotel and they valet for you. You do have to pay for parking.

You are first welcomed as you pull in with your car by the bell boy, in our case, Vitor, from Portugal. He gave us a great start to our experience, as he was genuinely sweet, attentive and welcoming. Vitor guides you to the reception area, where you are welcomed by a receptionist person, in our case, Pete, from Belarus, who was very professional.

Lobby
Your first experience is a breathtaking moment as the lobby represents a luxurious hotel with a beautiful indoor courtyard style.

Room 516
The room is spacious, open and with enough daylight; however you can make it dark to sleep, which is what you want. The decor is classic, elegant but not gaudy. It is clean and airy. NO carpet which is much sanitary for a hotel room. It has a view to the outside (the mountains and unfortunately the parking lot as well) through a large full window. There is enough artificial lighting and enough outlets to plug your devices, which sometimes it's a problem in some hotels. There are two separate rooms, one that serves as the master bedroom and one that is a living room / secondary bedroom.1) In the living room there is a desk and one chair, a desk lamp, and desk supplies (a pencil, stationary and envelopes which you don't find in many hotels anymore). It has its own TV and speaker / sound system. There is a sofa / sofa bed and two sofa chairs with a coffee table. There is a half body large mirror in this room, which is great to have in the room as you can use it while somebody is in the bathroom. There is also a trash can in this room aside from the one in the bathroom (this sounds basic but it is so useful yet many hotels only supply a trash can in the bathroom). 2) In the master bedroom there is a king bed, two night tables with two night table lamps and two reading lights. There is a phone on one of the night tables, but no alarm clock/radio (which is no big deal these days when we use our mobile phones for that, however it is convenient to have those big numbers for the time). 3) As you enter the room there is a hallway area where the closet is situated, which is spacious enough with room to hang your clothes or to place them folded. It provides a pant press. There is a safe. There is no luggage rack, however there is a long bench/ottoman where you can place your suitcases. It offers a coffee station. There is a minibar that you pay for what you take out. I specify the payment part, because I have stayed at other hotels of similar category where you have free access to the items in the mini fridge. They don't welcome you with complimentary water in your room, which doesn't really cost much to a hotel, but it's a nice touch to make your guests feel special, and very useful when you are walking and come to the hotel so thirsty. Especially for a hotel at this level.

Bathroom
The bathroom is medium sized, comfortable, with good lighting, outlets and was cleaned properly. The vanity is beautiful and elegant. There is a toilet bowl and an urinal next to each other. They offer sanitary bags by the toilet. There is a hair dryer, a wall mounted magnifying mirror, a scale, a phone and a folding seat. They provide you with spa like Toiletries (bath gel, shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, shower cap, body lotion, deodorant wipe, make up remover wipe, shoe shine mat, sewing kit, dental kit, shaving kit, vanity kit, comb, but no lotion) and facial tissue (so necessary yet many hotels forego them). There are bathrobes and slippers. The shower has an overhead and a handheld hose.

Bar
The bar area is classy, welcoming and cozy. Our bartender at night was Rafa, from Andorra, who was funny and entertaining. The next day, during the day, our bartender was Nuno, from Portugal, who went out of his way to give us a memorable experience. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Marta P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Plaza Andorra, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay in Plaza Hotel. We're glad to know you enjoyed your experience with us. We will share your comments with our staff.

We hope to se welcome you back very soon again.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

We went here for short trip shopping. The hotel was so handy with parking, location, crispy linen and clean room.
Guys on the reception were so polite with everything we asked: shops, directions, drop in/out our car etc.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of Plaza Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.