Sport Hotel Village(Soldeu)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$118
  • Free Breakfast
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$69
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Hotel Bruxelles(Soldeu)(Great Value!)
US$81
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
US$100
Hotel Galanthus & Spa(Soldeu)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$331
All reviewsfat albertsski lockersfirst floorsteam roomharp bargondola stationpastaplenty of choicelounge areaskiing hotelsmall kitchenhuge roommain gondolafloor roomspa facilitiescentral locationsmall charge
Reviewed 15 February 2010

This hotel has great potential, good location, nice big rooms / bathrooms, very clean, nice communual areas for chilling out, overall a nice hotel.
However we found most of the staff to be very negative towards non spanish speaking people. On arrival the receptionist was rather unpleasent and unhelpful even though we had been travelling for hours it was almost an inconvience to her to book us in! The bar staff and restaurant staff would always serve the spanish speakers first and we felt rather unwelcome. I came down early one morning feeling unwell and was sent out on the streets to find a drink, unable to find a shop that was open the receptionist finally relented and got me a drink (I might add that there were staff in the kitchen at this time).
There were some issues with the food, we were aware of 4 people having tummy upsets whilst we were staying there, however the food was ok and no one in our party had any problems.
As others have said, the hotel is VERY warm but to be honest that suited me!! We also had an issue on one day with the hot water and again the reception staff were rather unhelpful and almost seemed amused that we couldnt have a shower
We would stay here again, but only if they had a staff change.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2010

We have previously stayed at the Village Sport, also 4* but head and shoulders above the Himalaia in every way.

Upon arrival at the hotel at 2pm and queuing to check in for 15mins we weer told that our room wasn't ready. We were pointed towards the childrens play room to drop our cases. We eventually got into our room at 4pm.

Having booked a studio, like many other reviewers we found our room was a 1 bed with no kitchen facilities. When I complained I was shown the only remaining studio right above the nighclub so we stuck to the 1 bed on the top floor.

The room itself was quite roomy and had good views over the hills at the rear of the hotel. There was occasionally some noise from Fat Alberts directly behind but not too bad.
The room safe was broken all week and despite several spanglish conversations, it was never fixed and I refused to pay for the rental.

Breakfast in the hotel started off very well but towards the end of the week we found some of the food was running out and taking ages to get replaced. I really missed my scrambled eggs :-(

After 3 evening meals we were bored with the same old mass produced grub so started to eat out at our own expense. The Indian (run by a ski instructor) was good and so was Bruxelles and Fat Alberts Bistro.

The hotel reception area stunk of cigarette smoke as it's still legal to smoke indoors in Andorra. The issue was made worse because 2 of the 3 receptionists also lit up at their desk. Not very welcoming :-(

The spa is nothing like the pictures, dark and dingy. The hot tub was a cold tub and the sauna was a small box full of big russian chaps. We lasted 15mins and then went for a shower to get clean.

The hotel is in a great position, the staff are friendly enough but the rest of it is average compared to the Sport and Sport Village. Sorry I sound really negative but I think I was spoilt last year and will definately be going back to one of the other hotels.

The skiing and ski school were great and we bumped into people we met last year. Definately rate Soldeu itself for a ski holiday.

Reviewed 16 January 2010

We spent 7 days at this hotel. On first appearances we were impressed. Tho we did initially have some issues with the amount of rooms we booked, but that was eventually sorted. English language barrier, did have some issues. We booked two rooms, both were very different. The adults room was roomy and fine, however after 2 days when the cleaners stopped masking the smell with sweet smelling scents, we realised that was an awful septic/drain smell coming from our bathroom, not much we did stopped the smell, it was terrible. We also had some issues of noise from the bars below (we were on the 5th floor) and noise issues from the stair case right next to our room to the floor above.
However the breakfast & dinner buffet foods were fine, food is never going to be to everybody's taste, but there was always something that you could find that you would enjoy. I found all the salads top notch! Drink prices were fine too for a hotel. The lounge area was comfy (unless there were screaming kids running around). The hotel is situated perfectly for the gondola and even tho Soldeu isn't very big, its in the centre and not far to walk anywhere (tho nowhere is far to walk in Soldeu).
We found our bed to be terribly uncomfortable, but thats our taste. There were some other small room issues, of things missing that should have been there, a shower location that flooded the bathroom floor, no replacing soap, no laundry bag. We did have a massage, which in that awful smelling fitness room was dreadful, even the masseur commented on the smell. But there was no ambience for a relaxing massage, between the smell and the inability to dim the lights, it was a waste, I'd wished I'd spent twice the money and gone to the day spa down the road (can't recall the name of it now, but it looked devine - in the 5 star hotel).
Spending so many days there, the staff got to know us, and in turn became very friendly.

I'd go again, but I don't think I'd be giving them 4 stars and I wouldn't want the smelly room or a room any lower than the 5th!

Reviewed 12 January 2010

Stayed at the Himalaia first week in January 2010 (group of six). This being my third ski trip to soldeu I choose the Himalaia for the location, right in the heart of Soldeu. With only a 3 minute walk to the gondola the supermarket or Fat Albert’s (whichever you prefer)
I asked for top floor rooms with balcony’s, reason being noisy bars and as usual very warm rooms even with radiator turned off, Hence balcony makes great fridge for water and couple crates beer.
Very spacious rooms with really comfortable beds and decent sized bathroom, Was very impressed with how clean the rooms were kept and the hotel too.
Staff were friendly, polite and seemed very efficient.
The breakfast buffet was great, the dinner buffet was also great if you had a sweet tooth but all in all you could pick out something to suffice.
The lounge area had a reasonably priced bar and some great big sofas to relax on, but be warned if you are like me, a non- smoker then you in for a chesty week because smoking is still allowed in public places.
Ski lockers are available for a 20 Euro deposit (refunded when you hand lock back) and they can fit couple pairs o skis and boots in, but there is no heat at all in locker room so anything that needs drying take to your room.
As said before hotel is in a great location for gondola, and was handy for the first day because if anyone is in ski school they need to register at the office at the top of the gondola station, and its first come first served so if you want morning lessons rather than afternoon then get in queue for at least 08.30.
Skiing was fantastic, some great runs for all levels of skiers, well worth going over to Paz too but my fav run has to be the avet(a prayer on every turn)
The villager in the gondola station was worth skiing down to if you wanted lunch but didn’t want to pay inflated mountain restaurant prices.
One thing to remember is if you ski till late then as I found, there may not be any hot water in hotel around 5.30-6oclockish.

2  Thank BFitzWigan
Reviewed 14 November 2009

The hotel is in a good location for fit and healthy adults, not too far to walk to the gondala (5mins). Our first room had a big leak in the roof, when seeing reception about thiis they moved us to a family room which was fantastic up near the top of the hotel.

The food was good for meateater limited for vegetarians (this is expected when travelling to the mountains).

The resort of soldeu had a good balance as lively or as quiet as you want. The runs were fantastic for all abilities and intermediate ski school's instructors were lovely and brilliant at improving you technique.

Would recommend this resort to all my friends looking for a good ski trip.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends