All reviewssliding doortrain stationstrange thing isold townmain stationpaid euroswet roommodern hotelcity centreshower gelpublic transportdouble roomconvenient locationlovely citya wonderful staydefinitely stay here againbusiness trip
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

By the time we arrived at the Hotel Daniel in Graz, we already knew we would like it since we had just stayed at the one in Vienna a few days earlier (see my review). Designed by the same architect, the two buildings have a lot in common, and of course the hotel “theme” is very similar. We had a wonderful room with a balcony overlooking the street and Europaplatz / main train station. Just steps outside the door is a streetcar stop which is below ground and will take you directly to the center of town. The only drawback is that there are loitering groups on Europaplatz and occasionally some related police action. However, just keep an eye on where you are going like you should anyway, and you probably won’t have any trouble. Any small inconvenience is more than compensated by the proximity to the station, the convenient streetcar, and the good vibe of the hotel and its friendly staff. My compliments to the Hotel Daniel chain for helping to preserve Austria’s modernist architecture!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyMunching
Management W, Manager at Hotel Daniel Graz, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear HappyMunching, thank you very much for staying with us. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hopefully we will welcome you soon again. Kind regards from Graz, Myriam Höneckl - Duty Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Right next to the train station so good for interailers or others using rail travel. Comfy beds and well air-coned rooms with very helpful staff and great showers. The double rooms do have a window putting the whole shower on view to the rest of the room though which isn’t ideal when travelling with friends but manageable

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma P

Dear Emma P, thank you so much for your great feedback. We are happy you liked you stay and enjoyed Graz. Hopefully we will welcome you soon again. Kind regards, Myriam Höneckl - Duty Manager

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I was in Graz for a 2 day business trip by train and had to do my work at Graz Messe. The hotel is located next to the train station of Graz Hauptbahnhof, which was super cool. I didn't have to drive around. The tram themselves brought me to my working space the next day. They are also right in front of the hotel. I knew Hotel Daniel already from Vienna. There they have a second location. The hotel has it's own modern stay touch, which I like. The rooms, bed and bath are clean and ready. Everything seems to be fine. I had a wonderful stay. The breakfast itself isn't as cool as in Vienna, but there is nothing you'll miss. The whole stay was a win. Go there. See my photos. It's good.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank WolfgangPosch

Dear WolfgangPosch, thank you very much for staying with as and for writing us a feedback.We are so glad you enjoyed you stay with us and you had a good time.
We hopefully welcome you soon again in Graz or Vienna. We wish you all the best. See you. Kind regards, Myriam Höneckl - Duty Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2018

O Hotel está a 2 minutos a pé da Central Station, o que é o paraíso para quem chega de uma longa viagem e perto da meia noite.

O quarto era extremamente confortável, de design funcional, agradável e original.

A pé ou de transportes públicos, o centro é perto e acessível. A cidade tem uma vivência muito agradável e muitos locais para descobrir. Andámos tranquilamente tanto de dia como de noite.

O único ponto menos positivo é o facto de o quarto não ter um mini frigorifico, que dá sempre jeito. Também tive pena de não experimentar o pequeno almoço, mas fica para outra vez.

The Hotel is a 2 minute walk from Central Station, which is paradise for those arriving from a long journey and close to midnight.

The room was extremely comfortable, functional design, nice and original.

On foot or by public transport, the center is close and accessible. The city has a very pleasant living and many places to discover. We walked quietly both day and night.

The less positive point was the fact that the room does not have a mini fridge. I also felt sorry for not trying the breakfast, but it stays for another time.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Weitzer-Hotels, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Daniel Graz, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Joana,
Thank you very much for your review and your nice words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Daniel and especially enjoyed the location. According to our design none of our standard rooms offer a fridge, however we wil happily store anything in our fridge at the front desk.
Best regards, Susanne Guidassoni - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I have stayed at this hotel during my recent business trip to Graz. The hotel is fine and breakfast is good. The staff and basic facilities are also fine. The rooms are smaller and somehow not very well designed. If I compare to my stay in nearby hotels I as not very comfortable with room size and in house facilities. No cupboards in the room made me uncomfortable.

The plus point with hotel is that this is next to Train station and also other restaurants. Over all a ok hotel all other nearby hotels are fully occupied.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear tyagirakg,
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and we hope you had a nice business trip in Graz. We are sorry to hear that you did not like the style of our hotel. The Daniel is very unique which is why most guests appreciate it.
Best regards, Susanne Guidassoni - Front Office Manager