“Fantastic views and enjoyed watching the skiing ”

Patscherkofelbahnen
Book In Advance
More Info
US$131.32*
and up
Innsbruck Combo: Innsbruck Card, Traditional Café and Austrian Dinner
Ranked #16 of 107 things to do in Innsbruck
More attraction details
Owner description: The Patscherkofel has always played a big part in sports history: Olympic Winter Games in 1964 and 1976 with the legendary race of Franz Klammer, in the season 1998/99 the greatest team success in the history of the world cup with 9 racers of the ÖSV Super G team in the lead. The winner was Hermann Maier. In 2003 Michaela Dorfmeister won the wom-en’s downhill race, the two Super G races were won by Renate Götschl and Brigitte Obermoser.Ski along the tracks of the stars via the Olympic Run and enjoy the wide Family Run. The Patscherkofel offers slopes for all levels of ability and also an out-standing view over Innsbruck, the Stubai Valley, the Wipp Valley and Inn valley. The numerous moun-tains higher than 3.000 m will make a lasting im-pression on you
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went up this cablecar with our Innsbruck passes. The new cable car is next to the Olympic bobsled sleigh area and opened recently.
There is a restaurant at the top and a new one opening in the summer. We enjoyed watching the skiers start off at the black run and the amazing view over Innsbruck and the mountains.
The local bus takes you here with the stop directly outside. Note: so not get off the bus at the old cablecar station as it is no longer running. Stay on the bus until you reach the new cable car station.

1  Thank UnitedKingdomWendy
in 19 reviews
"skiing"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

First of all, the owner of the cable car just built a new one, so the stop down the mountain was also moved. The new one is not that far from the old one, but people visiting there for the first time may need to ensure the plan of public transport or driving.
I went there to hike but didn't ski, and my hiking track was suggested by the tourist website of Innsbruck. To reach my starting point, I took the cable car to its highest stop. Although it sounds lazy, it was actually challenging to me because I have acrophobia. When walking toward the new cable car stop, I was even wondering whether I should just go back, though eventually the price of my Innsbruck card did help me to make the decision. I felt nervous when getting on the car, but then the view from the car was so beautiful that I felt less anxious.
For skiers, I saw a space outside the cars for skiing equipment, and there were five people sitting next to me in one car. The cars should be quite friendly to skiers.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Great slopes and found it really good for beginners. Plenty of space for children to bobsled and a bar/restaurant that serves good food at reasonable prices. Food is tasty and portions are big. Easy to access via buses, which are free with a Welcome Card. Stayed here for lessons for 3 days, which were brilliant, before moving on to try other mountains in the Innsbruck area.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We were slightly confused with where patscherkofel was as the old slope has just closed (although google maps for example still shows the old ski lift (as at 8/1/17)) there is now a newer one further up the mountain (I think it opened around the 22/12/17) some of the taxi drivers were still dropping skiers off at the old one so be careful! This was my first ski trip and I didn’t manage to find any nursery slopes and the blue slopes were very steep so I didn’t have the best time of it. I also went with some who were more experienced, and they enjoyed it more, but I wouldn’t say anything stood out as amazing.

1  Thank kball93
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

So we arrived by train at Innsbruk and we read there that was a tram to the resort but the info people in the train station told us to get the J bus...which we did...leaving the train station, you turn right and keep going until you round a bend and come to a big intersection. Stay on the same side and catch the J bus to Patscherkofel (the last stop). You can just buy tickets from the driver but make sure you have small bills or coins. If you are renting gear, the shop at Patscherkofel is way more expensive than the ones a few stops before in Bilgeristrabe (the J bus is free if you are carrying ski equipment to and from the hill) But the shops we visited didn't rent the small stuff like goggles.

Anyway the skiing was mixed conditions but fantastic overall. It was something like 34 euros for a full day and 28 for a half day. We were lucky because it snowed the night before. The weather was sunny so the views were incredible. There was never a queue at the bottom to go up. Sometimes we had the gondola to ourselves. It just feels like it's not crowded at all on the hill. You can ski freely. There are restaurants at the bottom and top. There are not a huge amount of runs but there is the Olympic run. I never see this hill as a top ski destination in Austria but that's fine because it will stay crowd-free. If you like skiing or boarding it's a great day out on the slopes for sure.

2  Thank Whalers92