Lowest prices for your stay
US$193
Free cancellation until 21/04/21
PricelineUS$183
eDreamsUS$183
StayForLongUS$242
All reviews sunbathing area cable car the local tourist office innsbruck card welcoming hotel sitting room each evening large balcony spar supermarket church bells austrian style ski trip tram service single room free bus igls inghams
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2020

This hotel was pretty disappointing. The beds were uncomfortable and the room was cold. There is an unnerving stain on the wall and the hotel did not offer conditioner or slippers. These are small things but just an inconvenience. Other than that the hotel felt understaffed and when our room was made up they only made the beds and did not remove the old plates of food from room service. Even when we moved them to the hall they remained there for an entire day and night. The people who work here are very friendly but I think that something needs to be done to improve the hotel. I think there is potential but it needs more staff, better heating and mattresses, a better cleaning system, and possibly a few more toiletries like a mini body lotion, conditioner and slippers.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 25 January 2020 via mobile

I came here for a few days (19th - 23rd Jan) for a mini ski break and it didn’t disappoint.
Not only is it a beautiful building with a chalet vibe/look but the aura is wonderful. You walk into the lobby and there are candles everywhere, it’s warm and cozy but also has a classy touch to it in the dining areas.
The room was perfect. It was a basic single room but the view of the church and the mountains were wonderful to wake up to. Mini bar was fully stocked and reasonably priced. Shower room was clean and shower was hot. The breakfast was great, variety of cereals, full English being served one side and meat / cheese platters. There was also yoghurt and fresh fruit. Variety of teas and coffees on hand but the best part was the sparkling wine which made my day begin bright and boozy!
The staff were wonderful. Can’t fault them. Always on hand if I rang down to reception or there in person and with such pleasant greetings no matter what time of the day.
A really good stay, I had access to everything I needed and a lot of help when I asked. 10/10 would love to come again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2020

We had a "superior" room. I don't know where to begin.
1. The room was cold as in arctic. The outside temperature during our stay was -2 C which is not that bad in the winter time in Austria. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling that I was sleeping outside. I don't mind sleeping outside with a decent sleeping bag but this is unacceptable for a "4" star hotel. We checked that none the windows etc. open and that the radiator was not warm.
2. The hotel has zero soundproofing. You could hear the people outside, the cars outside, the people inside, the people next room.... Everything.
3. The beds & pillows were uncomfortable and something that I've experienced at a cheap hostel. I woke up my back aching and tired.
4. Everything squeeks and screeches. The hallways, the room....
5. The staff were inattentive, unprofessional from the front desk all the way to the management

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank 594anttip
Daniela W, Manager at Sporthotel Igls, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2020

We already had correspondence before your stay because you wanted to cancel the non ref booking free of charge. However, as we were unable to fulfill your request due to the special date, you said that although you would arrive, you will rate the hotel very badly, no matter how good it is. For this reason, this review is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the quality of the hotel.
We distance ourselves from this kind of bad behavior!!!

Georg Stradner Hotel manager

Reviewed 26 December 2019 via mobile

This was a surprise break for my wife on our 30th anniversary. We have never visited Austria before and Innsbruck looked to be just about what we were looking for. During my research into likely hotels I kept coming back to sporthotel. I am glad I did, the hotel is a lovely Austrian style building and the interior is beautiful wood and antique. Our room was well appointed and comfortable set on two levels with a sitting room and access to our own balcony with stunning mountain views. The staff were so courteous and helpful, researching a restaurant for me to take my wife for our anniversary meal. We ate in the restaurant once and found the service and food to be of the high standards you would expect from a four star hotel. The facilities on offer were amazing and well appointed. Igls, itself is a lovely picturesque village set above Innsbruck which is quiet and friendly. If you are looking for a relaxing break with stunning views, clean air and beautiful walks I couldn’t recommend it enough. The hotel offer two free tickets per person every day to use the bus service into Innsbruck and beyond. The buses are reliable and frequent and allow you access to the city below. We were so taken with this charming hotel and village we have booked again in February

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulClaydon
Reviewed 20 December 2019

We stayed for a long weekend as a base to explore Innsbruck and mountains etc. The hotel is very old and quaint but very clean and well located. The Spa area and pool are really good be prepared for nudity which is allowed in Sauna / spa area.The restaurant was good, food very nice but the waiters at the evening meal were very lapse and struggled to get our drinks orders correct on 2 of the 3 nights. There is often also a fair size queue for all hot food at breakfast.Reception were generally very helpful although we found you could get totally different advice from the various staff members. We asked for a kettle for the room for tea etc which was provided free of charge. The J bus is free (tickets from reception) and is key to getting into town of to either of the cable cars and mountains. Overall a very nice hotel in a great location with good rooms, views and a brilliant spa.

Room tip: Superior rooms very nice, ask for mountain view
Date of stay: December 2019