See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

This is absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed in my life and the most expensive! It is nothing like the pictures whatsoever. We didn't even get the same bed types or number of rooms that were advertised. It reeks of smoke. The unit is extremely outdated (with mirror ceilings and mirror walls), dirty, and literally falling apart. Not only was the unit itself a disaster, but we were scared for our safety. We left first thing in the morning even though we still had days remaining. My only positive is that the daytime manager was extremely helpful in helping us check out earlier than planned.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We were here in Innsbruck to train for 4 nights, and we have one night left... we can't wait to leave. The people running the place are unfriendly - as if we're intruding. There is noise (loud noise) at most hours (except for between 3am and 6am, which is not helpful when you're an athlete trying to train and rest before a major competition). We've complained about the noise, yet nothing is done. Then there are little things: they say there is a washing machine in each room. Instead, there is one washing machine for the entire place. It is just a little lie, but when you're a group of 6 traveling for a month, and had been planning to do laundry here, it sort of sucks to not be able to do it. The place is clean enough, but our room has the distinct smell of bug spray, which leaves one wondering.

Room tip: don't sstay here.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MandyJ2012
Reviewed 11 July 2015

This place cannot be categorized as a hotel, it seems to be a low income housing unit that is being let out. I hate to write poor reviews but this place is an exception right from the reception staff to the facilities everything is bad. The place is dark and stinks of smoke throughout the day and looks really shady at night. There is a stove and fridge with a couple of vessels to cook. The sheets are not changed even if you stay for the month. The only positive thing is the location, there is a Merkur and McDonalds just next door and the university can be reached by bus or a five minute walk. Don't even think about paying and buying the wifi, it does not work for most part of the day and even when it occasionally works it is so slow that you are left with a murderous rage. Half the dubious population of the town seems to know the access codes to the building, stay at your own peril!

Room tip: Rooms in other hotels would be a best bet!
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank tricunfos
Reviewed 20 February 2015

After reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor I was a bit worried after I made my booking at Boardinghouse Innsbruck on Mitterweg 5. However, after staying at this place, I can say that the party I traveled with and myself, we were happy with the place. There was 6 of us staying and there were 3 queen sized beds, 2 bathrooms with showers and 2 kitchenettes. Upon arrival, the place was clean, the beds were made and the person at check-in was helpful. The bathrooms were clean, albeit a bit outdated. We stayed a total of 2 nights and we were happy with the accommodation and we didn't encounter any of the problems which the other reviewers mentioned. The beds were comfortable, and the place was quiet. My only two complaints would be that the internet cut-out often and the room had a slight smell of smoke.The apartment relatively close to the city center (about a 15 min walk) and close to the airport. Overall, we were all happy with the place.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Marcin C
Reviewed 4 December 2014

It is not good this hotel they are to much people whit drogs the are prostitution on the street a lot of policy all night don't go there if u whant to have good holidays the room the are not like in the foto it is not clean police all night u don't sleep in the night Time omg it is a not good place they cone people in the room they stil u they are to much people bead so my opinion it is to don't go they are another hotels more nice were it is clean an no prostitution on the door.it Not good belive me

Date of stay: November 2014