Lowest prices for your stay
US$139
US$125
View deal
SAVE US$14
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
PricelineUS$125
StayForLongUS$139
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2019

I had a meeting and to postpone the transfer till next morning this hotel after my late arrival was just a perfect solution. Whereas I asked for 1 double bed I got 2 single beds and, apparently typical for Austria (??) there was nothing to prepare coffee (or even tea) at the room. Apart from that all good.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 29 August 2019

Yes another bit of music. Another that made me want to come to Austria.
My husband wanted to go to Innsbruck, as his mother and step-father had been there.
So Innsbruck in the Alps.Here we go!!!

With the roadworks, we nearly got lost. And that's with our GPS!!.
Once again.....I was thinking why I got my husband to book the hotel. I did tell him, I wanted to be near the city centre, but he said there was a shuttle bus to the city centre.....Ok...........btw he was wrong.

When we finally arrived, we looked for the car park. Now there was amount of car parks, but not the hotel on. So we parked outside the hotel.
For anyone who is driving, the car park is on the right hand side opposite the hotel. There is a sign, but it's small and can be easily missed. (I'll post it on the photo extra).
We went up to book in. Wondering with the stairs, how we was going to get our luggage up those stairs. Penz Hotel West, thought of that. There is a security door, they use for elderly, disable etc. The hotel reception, came down to open the door for us. There are toilets and a vending machine, as well as the lift which took us to our floor.

We got to our room....OMG THE ROOM!!! WOW. Our room was the best room so far. ( so other hotels).
I mean from the outside, the hotel didn't really look much, but the room..the room.....it was ultra modern. It's a pity we couldn't stay longer, than the two nights.
Unpacking, I spotted a magazine about Innsbruck, but it was in German. I learnt French in school, not German. So we went down to the reception, to see if there was an English version. There wasn't ; ; . He did have some problems finding anything in English, but he did finally find something.

Going back up to our room, my husband really wanted to go in to the city....unlike Vienna.
We got the GSP ready, to head in to the city. FYI the bus stop is near the hotel.
Remember, there was roadworks...a lot of roadworks.
( I would go on about the Innsbruck city centre, but this is about Penz Hotel West.)

There are and we didn't notice until the next day, metal blinds outside the window. This blocks the sunlight, to the room. A great idea!! Wish other hotel that face to sun nearly all day, had this. It will help keep the room cooler, with the AC. (I only filmed it working. Operated from inside the room, via a switch near the bathroom.)
Our room had a bath tub/shower, and a toilet ( which was very tall, that poor feet was left dinging in the air lol.)

The breakfast was a little let down. If you wanted coffee (which my husband wanted), you have to ask for it (freshly made though).....but there were no signs up, saying about asking for coffee etc. I had hot chocolate, which wasn't that good.
Yes there was hot and cold hot food, but the selection wasn't that great. There were cold cuts, either there were a lot of pork cold cuts (which I'm not a fan of). Not a lot of cheeses or other selections.
The hot food was only scrambled eggs and sausages, that we could find. (My husband didn't like both of them.) I had a few very small square of bread, with a packet cream cheese and yogurt. Luck we planned on our leaving date, to pop to the local supermarket.( sorry)

But in the whole, it was an relaxing luxury stay. It was let down, with the breakfast selections.
We would come here again, with the view from our room window.....
The Hills Are Alive, With The Sound Of Music!!

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank asamiya2016
PenzWestHotel, Reception at Penz Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2019

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!
Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2019

The best hotel so far...not so expensive yet best service, friendly staff, nice room, very good location and very good breakfastamong all the hotels we stayed, they had the best breakfast highly recommended

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
PenzWestHotel, Reception at Penz Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2019

Reviewed 26 June 2019

Right next to airport and car rental places. Nice clean rooms with good breakfast. If staying longer time in City would choose something with better location but night before flight this is good choice.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
PenzWestHotel, Reception at Penz Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2019

Reviewed 15 June 2019

The location is great near the airport. The hotel is a short distance from the hotel, about 800m. I won't recommend to walk though unless you don't have heavy luggage. But then again with taxi it will be like 2 minutes. It is a modern hotel with fairly new and up to date renovations, the usual you expect from a good class hotel. Unfortunately in spite of looking like a great modern hotel, they are a little lacking in the details. First on arrival there is no ramp to roll the luggage up. So you'll have to carry your heavy luggage up the stairs. There was no one at the reception and myself and 2 others waited some time until the officer came from the bar. It's late at night and I understand there is no need to have many officers at the reception. What you can do is put a simple bell there for arrivals to ring to inform night staff that there is someone there. A family arrived the next day and the old lady asked for help with the suitcases and the reception said they don't provide such services. You are an airport hotel and people arrive with luggage at the airport. The least you could do is to build a ramp. You wouldn't help an old lady with her heavy luggage?
There is lift. So at least getting to the room is easy. The room is big, mostly clean with the usual bar fridge, safe, some toiletries, tv, desk... There are no English channels on tv. In room it would be great to provide a kettle and tea and coffee expected of modern hotels. The room was very hot and stuffy on arrival and in spite of switching on the air-conditioning, the temperature stayed at 27 degrees. When I called the reception I must have sounded irritated. I am! I traveled since 830am on multiple flights and now at the hotel at 11pm hoping to take a hot shower and rest in a cool comfortable environment. My apologies for not speaking to you in a "normal voice" as the officer at the reception said. He said it is central control and turned down the temperature. Still it took a long while to cool down. I fell asleep from exhaustion before it was comfortable. The reception and lobby area are not air-conditioned. I understand that the area has mostly cool weather most of the year but this is just the end of spring. Summer temperatures may be even hotter.
They provided only bath towel and that is fine. In the shower there is no place to put toiletries.
Breakfast has good variety.
So yes the details are lacking even though it looked good on the outside.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Emily W
PenzWestHotel, Reception at Penz Hotel West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2019

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback!
Of course, we will try to improve the points you have mentioned, but we would like to point out that there is a door with a bell next to the stairs, which leads you comfortably to the lift at ground level, so you do not have to carry your heavy luggage.