“Don't let the decor put you off”
Review of Shang hai

Shang hai
Ranked #50 of 102 Restaurants in Kitzbuhel
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Tel. 05356-62178
Description: Tel. 05356-62178
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Was not impressed when I first stepped in. Far too bright and almost clinical. However, the food was freshy cooked and really excellent.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

I ate here twice this visit. First time I got a thai red curry and it was below average. I went back to give it another go and got a 'regular' chicken curry and it was the worst curry I've ever tried. I'm aware that Chinese restaurants in different countries have different takes on a curry but this was horrendous: so I'll ignore the tonnes of flavourless veg that were thrown into it. The sauce was a watered yellow gravy with no flavour and no spicyness. The chicken was thin strips of rubber also without taste that looked and tasted like it was pre cooked and kept in warm water for re-heating. Avoid!

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Not sure if it is coincidence or they just like the name Shanghai, it seems that a lot of Chinese restaurants in Austria are named Shanghai, even though the boss or the chef is from Hong Kong or somewhere else. Of all the Shanghais we visited, we like this one the most, probably eaten 3 out of our 4 dinners here. And the girl who served us is cool and efficient.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Don't order take away! When you home its too late to do anything.....ordered their red curry chicken with fried rice for 9.60 Euro and Rice is all i got, hardly any chicken and and a few peas as a vegetable, sushi was also bland and tasteless. When I got home I phoned to complain and their response was - they will look into it but its normal as they have been open for 10 years? Never again!

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I am shanghainese so I can be picky about Chinese food ! Surprisingly good for €7.50. There were quite a few appetizers including pot stickers, spring rolls - there were quite a few deep-fried dishes but I did not try them. Hot sour soup. There were four main dishes with assorted vegetable, beef and chicken - fried rice and fried noodles. Taste was good and not too oily or salty - and there were salmon sushi, tuna rolls, shrimp crackers - really great value and I would want to try their a la carte menu sometime.