All reviewsbuilding next doorschwedenplatz metro stationairport busstar hotelexcellent positionplace to sleepcafes and restaurantsold cityfresh fruitfirst floorreception staffpleasant stayvisit viennamin walkquiet streetpublic transportbathroom
Reviewed 21 June 2018

The Hotel Post is close to the historic Stephansplatz area and an easy train ride from the Hauptbahnhof.

The hotel has a great breakfast and is close to the canal and the Schwedenplatz train station.

There are many restaurants and stores nearby.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Great Location, Confort and Price. Excellent choice to visita Vienna, its right on city center 1st district, walking distance to major sights and airport bus, also really nice café's nearby. A great option.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Hotel Post for three nights and it was adequate but not the experience that I normally expect in a 3 star hotel. Numerous people have commented that there is no air conditioning and that was my experience. Luckily opening the window made the room tolerable except in the late afternoon. The glass in one window, however, was cracked suggesting a lack of attention to repair and upkeep. Do not come to this hotel thinking that you will have somewhere that you can work. My room only had a narrow shelf, too high for typing and too crowded with a TV and lamp to have much space. Lobby is also not an option for working. This is the first time in my travels (including previous trips to Vienna) that I have stayed in a hotel where the maids did not make the beds! Everyday after the maid made up the room the bedding consisted of a bottom sheet and a sheet folded and laid on the bed but not tucked in or made. I guess it saves their maids a few minutes making up the room but I found it annoying and inconsiderate. There were some positive notes. My room had a recently remodeled bathroom that was very nice and comfortable. The room was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast quite acceptable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank vaqueroviajero
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

The building is old and so some of the rooms are small, so if you’re not going to spend a lot of time there, but your main goal is to explore Vienna, this is a good hotel to stay at.
It’s close to everything you need: the metro, the river (boat cruises), Stephansplatz and dome, the shopping district, bars and restaurants etc etc.
The staff are friendly and helpful and we had a pleasant stay.
Two things to note: they are not done with the AC yet (as of June 2018) but they’ll provide fans.
And secondly I really encourage you to put in the small amount it costs to get a “superior room”, not the standard.
But like I said: the location is spot on, the staff are great and if you’re basically looking for a place to sleep after a long day of exploring: it might just be what you’re looking for.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Hotel_Post_Team, Manager at Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Andebyen,

thank you very much for your comments. By the moment we are installing AC in all our rooms, sorry that you've been here too early.
So in about a month most of the rooms will have AC.

Best regards
Peter

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Post last month while attending a conference. I arrived two days early to do some sightseeing in Vienna and this was a good location, close to the Ubahn, and walking distance to St. Stephens Cathedral as well as restaurants.

My room was small but fine for one person and it faced away from the street so I could open the window at night without much noise. The bed was comfortable.

The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, cheese and meats, fruit, and an assortment of breads. Also coffee cake, my favorite. There was a nice selection of tea in addition to coffee.

All in all a pleasant stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business