All reviews city centre business hotel tram stop organic breakfast nice hotel big bathroom rooms are clean wifi is free good size public transportation stops bathrobes
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Just loved this hotel, good rooms, great service. Had bathrobes thrown in which was a nice touch. Short walk out to supermarket. Breakfast was good with an impressive spread of breads cakes etc. Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2018

this is a typical 4 star hotel up to standard too, staff service was good, wifi a bit less, the parking lot is a bit out of the way and when raining you get wet to go to the carpark and back, breakfast also over priced

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2018

The large hotel is located southeast of the centre of Vienna. It offers a free, barrier-secured car park. In this respect it stands out from many other hotels in Vienna. The best way to reach downtown is by tram, which stops near the hotel.
Our room was predominantly furnished in brown and had all the expected furnishings, such as a large TV set, a spacious safe, a fridge and a Nespresso machine. The free WLAN worked without problems.
Bathroom and toilet were in separate rooms, both attractively designed. The shower was integrated into the bathtub.
Despite of these positive elements, the hotel cannot be recommended. This is why:
Although we pointed out on check-in that our reservation was via booking.com the room rate was charged twice. A complaint by e-mail in this matter was not answered. Only after the intervention of booking.com the Doppio was willing to reimburse the overcharged amount weeks later.
There seems to be urgent need for the hotel management to scrutinize both the operation of their accounting department and their customer relations service.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sumavax
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Excellent location for our holiday purpose. Our bedroom was very spacious and pretty, nice furniture, bed and nice bathroom also. The receptionists were always really friendly even at check out when we had an issue with a charge on our bill, they never stressed and we worked through it perfectly. The neighborhood is perfect, and the breakfast buffet was extensive and well prepared. Also this is a non smoking hotel, which is always high on our priority list, it smells clean all the time and does not interfere with our allergies.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel 10 days prior to my planned arrival via Booking.com and I was charged the higher amount than what was confirmed. The charge came the same day the reservation was made even if I chose the rate "pay on arrival".
I asked Booking.com and the hotel many times for the explanation but somehow both laid out different numbers and rule application.
I believe that Booking.com is the only one to blame as I booked and paid through their web site, no matter who actually charge the stay.
I was clearly advised that if I desputed the transaction, the hotel would cancel my booking, and before that happens, I decided to cancel the whole trip and cancel the charge with credit card company.

It is interesting to learn that in my 380 hotel stays around the world the only two irregularities were done by Vienna hotels. I will never ever pay anything at Booking.com again. As I could see from their reviews I was not the only one that had similar experience.
I would like to point out that I have done bookings through many on-line travel agencies and had no problems so far.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Ludwig70
VeronikaFa, Leiter Front Office at Austria Trend Hotel Doppio, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Ludwig, thank you very much for your kind feedback. We looking forward to your next visit. Greetings from Vienna, Veronika, Front Office & Quality Manager