Hotel Altstadt Vienna
NH Wien City(Vienna)
US$91
US$89
  • Fitness centre
Ibis Styles Wien City(Vienna)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Fitness centre
US$84
US$78
  • Breakfast included
AZIMUT Hotel Vienna(Vienna)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$80
  • Bar/Lounge
US$267
US$259
2,647 results
All reviewsmuseum quartertea and cakematteo thunmodern artunique hotelapartment buildinghigh ceilingsjunior suitefirst floorwithin walking distanceliving roomsmoked salmonlounge areabreakfast was deliciousperfect stayroom was largeside street
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I made my reservation for a reloaded L room with a bathtub in February for a visit in October, and I arrived and they don’t have the room with a bathtub, not even reloaded but a very common room, not the experience I had on mind after visiting their website, believe the room is not artistic at all. At 8PM that I arrived and after they even wanted me to stay one night in one room and then changed (really people?) I had to accept a very small room I hate small places where there is not even a place so I can put my make up, that’s why I made my reservation 8 months but apparently for them that is not important, they just say sorry , sorry ! Do you want a glass of wine? It is free!! We will give you a coupon for a glass of wine! This is unacceptable and a very terrible experience ! This is not a great place this is a mediocre hotel run by young adults that don’t care !

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank maribel131960
Altstadt, Manager at Hotel Altstadt Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Maribel131960,

thank you very much for your sincere feedback, although I really regret, that it has not been a positive one.

We appreciate your trust and your early booking very much and guest satisfaction is the greatest good each and every hotel holds. Therefore, we always try to fulfill all room wishes our guests have. Please accept my apologies that we could not live up to your expectations in that case.

I totally understand, that a room change during the stay can be very exhausting, given that, it was sad to hear, that you did not find the Suite L with bathtub and shower appealing, which my reception team offered to you as a free upgrade starting from the first night of your stay.

The reception team assured me, that the glass of wine offered to you, was meant a nice gesture, I am sorry that it was perceived otherwise by you.

You are absolutely right, we are working in a young team, which is concerned to deliver high class guest service, again we are sorry that we failed to deliver this experience to you.

I really hope, that you still enjoyed your time in Vienna and I would be glad to get another chance in future to show our service orientation to you.

Thank you for already giving me the opportunity to talk to you in person, in case you have any further enquiries during your stay, please feel free contact me at any time. In case you have further wishes or questions after your stay I am available via e-mail any time: melanie.fraiss@altstadt .at

With kindest regards,
Melanie Fraiss, Management

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This is a gem, slightly off the tourist track, but well worth considering for a trip to Vienna.

Based a stones throw from the Museum Quarter it's just five minutes from the nearest underground stop and only about 20-25 minutes walk to the city's main cathedral.

Make sure your stay includes the amazing breakfast, which features daily specials cooked to order. Lots of places close by that offer evening meal choices (definitely try Ulrich just around the corner).

Stunning rooms, welcoming staff, high end complimentary toiletries - a little luxury hotel that will add to your Vienna experience. Will happily return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This hotel was excellent. From the spacious suite to the fresh daily breakfast, this hotel is world class. The location was central to everything in Vienna. We had such a wonderful stay. The staff are so helpful, friendly and professional. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I stayed in the Altstadt Vienna for 2 nights and was happily surprised to find out upon arrival, I was given a free upgrade. On top of that there are very breakfasts that can top the one in the Altstadt. I really enjoyed to take the time reading one of the international newspapers while sipping from one of the excellent teas in one of the stunning salons.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed at a reloaded double room. The room was spacious with two adults and one toddler. The bathroom was clean. The place is close to MariahilferStrasse for a quick shopping trip. The two things I didn’t like were: the one small black and white picture of a scary woman always seemed to be staring at you in the room; and the clowns right outside the hallway right in front of our main door. They both could be a bit scary at night. I was literally scared by those standing clowns while coming back to my room at night. They reminded me of some horror movies starring killer clowns. Other than that, everything was good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family