1,429 results
All reviewsaustrian wineswine loversthemed hotelquiet streetminute walkmuseum quarterrain showercity hallgreat showerroom was spaciousfabulous hotelthree nightshighly recommend this hotelchristmas marketspent nightsmini barbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 15 June 2018

This was recommended by my travel agent. Hotel is small and friendly. Staff is very helpful. The manager particularly went out of her way to make our stay pleasant and to correct a booking error on OUR part. Room is clean, bed is very good size for 2 people, excellent pillows. Air-conditioning works well. Flat screen TV, a few English language programs. Shower is good, water pressure excellent, plenty of shampoo and body gel. Good towels.
Location is really great, 1 block away from the Museum Street. We walked everywhere because everything is 5-15 minutes away – city hall, imperial winter palace, museums, rose garden, opera house, music halls, theaters, churches, shopping, etc. Yet, it is located on a quiet street with hardly any traffic.
Breakfast is very good, with eggs cooked to order plus a buffet with a large selection of breads, rolls, meats, cheeses, cereals, deserts, fruits, juices, tea and coffee prepared to your specification.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Q3905EXmichaelt
Andrea A, Manager at Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Q3905EXmichaelt,

thank you very much, for your visit, for all the lovely compliments, especially the one for the manager ;o) and for the time you took to write this review and share your experience!

Great that you had a pleasant stay, enjoyed our services, the location and also our breakfast. We are looking forward to welcome lots of your friends and yourself again in the near future!

All the best and kindest regards from the Rathaus Wine&Design Team!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

My partner is really into her wine so when I saw this place I had to give it a go.

The hotel is wine themed and each room is named after a particular wine which is pretty cool. And yes, this it's stocked in the minibar! Otherwise, there is a really cool courtyard where you can enjoy a drink in the evening.

As for the rest of the hotel, friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds and a I have to make a particular mention on the room size which was surprisingly big.

Me and my partner really enjoyed our stay and hope to be back sometime.

Dear Douglas M,

thanks first of all to your partner and her passion for wine that made you choosing our hotel! Thank you for giving us the trust to try and we are really happy to read that you enjoyed and liked the place with all its services!

We really appreciate your kind review and hope to see you again here in Vienna!

For now, take care and all the very best!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The hotel, which is situated just a 5 minute walk from the Museum Quarter, is a quirky little place which has individually designed rooms.
Not a fan of the open plan bathroom/bedroom layout, and I found having to ring down for (free) tea and coffee, a bit of a pain. The rooms however are spacious and offer a very quiet nights sleep.
A bit expensive, but everything is in Vienna.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bazellis
Andrea A, Manager at Hotel Rathaus Wein & Design, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Bazellis,
thank you very much for visiting the Hotel Rathaus and for taking the time to write this good review! Great that you enjoyed the space of the rooms and had a good sleep, most important to explore the city. For next time: you can get a kettle on request from reception, it is just not standard in every room! We hope to see you again, all the best!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is located at a nice location close to the city centre (20 minute walk and faster with public transport). The rooms are very nicely decorated and have good beds and shower. The room has Airconditioning. Breakfast was good and they make your eggs fresh, the way you prefer.

There is a car park at 150 meter where you can leave your car during your stay. We are very happy that we choose this hotel for our Vienna trip and will definitely recommend this to everyone who goes and visit this lovely city

Dear Mr_C_Travel,

thank you very much for your visit and your kind review! It is a pleasure to read you liked the hotel and really enjoyed your stay and Vienna! We also thank you in advance for telling it to all your friends and recommend us!

All the best, we hope to see you again, kind regards!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

We had a wonderful, memorable stay here 10 years ago, but I'm sorry to say that a decade later, it's not the same experience. When I mentioned to the front desk staff how excited we were to be back 10 years later, no reaction. They didn't seem to care one way or another, which is unfortunate for a small hotel. And don't expect to get anything complimentary even if you're returning. AND then the refrigerator didn't work, the heat didn't work, but they were happy to charge for a second person though, charge for water and the rooms have gone from grand design to beige bland design. We were going to stay a week but checked out after one night. It's too pricey for what you get. Comfortable beds though and a decent location.

1  Thank herculepoirot

Dear herculepoirot,

thank you very much for staying with us. About the reaction of reception after you said you've been here before I cannot say anything but maybe you had very high expectations? As far as I know we didn't have any troubles with heating or air condition this past month so I don't know what you mean. It is really warm this year from the beginning of April so usually no heating needed.

Also you always get complimentary water at reception 24 hours as well as free tea and coffee. About the charge of a second person, yes, if 2 people stay 2 peoply pay like everywhere else I guess.

As you said you wanted to stay one week and left after one night, did we charge you a late cancellation fee? I am just wondering as usually these are things that I am dealing with personally and I don't remember anything like this.

Please send me an email directly to direktion@hotel-rathaus-wien.at for further details, when you stayed and in which room so we can sort this out.

Kind regards and all the best!