1,743 results
All reviewsmuseum quarterjunior suitehuge mirrorle barchampagne tastingspa facilitiespillow menuluxury roombeautiful hotelorder eggsboutique hotelseparate toiletsteam roomloved this hotelhigh ceilingsbreakfast was delicioushofburg palace
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here when meeting up with my daughter who was finishing her study abroad experience. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! The hotel staff was exceptionally helpful by email in advance of my stay. Upon arrival, they could not have been more welcoming or helpful. The man I dealt with at the front desk—Andre?— was particularly helpful with restaurant recommendations and reservations, as well as tourist tips.

The breakfast buffet included with your stay is wonderful. Hot and cold items, lots of variety, including made to order eggs. DELICIOUS!

The room was very comfortable, quiet and so clean. Well situated for walking most everywhere.

We were both sorry to leave this slice of paradise! Particularly when our next stop was a large chain hotel which lacked the personal service and charm of the Sans Souci! I highly recommend it both for its charm and great staff!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Chief3001, Thank you very much for this amazing review about your recent stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and hope this was the perfect end for the study abroad experience. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again.
Best regards from beautiful Vienna,
and the Sans Souci Team

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I have never seen such a beautiful, modern architecture, beautiful rooms and restaurants. Service is perfect, personalized attention given to each hotel guests. We check-in yesterday afternoon and the front desk professionals were very pleasant. Rooms are magical.... huge mirror turd into your TV by using your remote control. I love this hotel. If only I can afford to buy a room....hehehe.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Clemente A,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. We are delighted to hear that you specially enjoyed the personalized attention given to each guest.
We are already looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Short Version
Having just spent 4 days in a very similar boutique hotel in Budapest (Aria – see other review), we were excited for a similar experience. The San Souci staff was very polite and addressed all our concerns promptly, but did not have quite the level of expertise one would expect from the # 1 hotel in Vienna. We chose it because of its location, size and rating. This is a true boutique type hotel, which made our stay very intimate and enjoyable. We are glad we stayed here and would highly recommend the hotel. We will likely stay there again, despite some minor issues.

Long Version

Communication - The hotel staff answered all calls and emails promptly. On site, it was hard to tell who was the concierge as everyone did everything. We had two noteworthy issues that were communication related and will discuss later. The staff responded to each request, made reservations in advance, arranged for transportation and seemed eager to please. There was never a lack of prompt service. Thank you!

Room – We stayed in the Luxury Extended Room (524). It had a King Size bed, separate toilet, shower (no tub), foyer, and very large closet space. While the décor is not our style, everything was of the highest quality and well maintained. They could have used another table and a couch, as there is plenty of space. It was awkward being in the room as there is only one odd chair. The balcony was very nice, but it opened into a courtyard. Due to the limited number of rooms and permanent residents, there is only one guest room on our floor. That was nice.

Bathroom – The toilet room had an odd motion sensor switch, which required us to close the door all night. The Japanese toilet was wonderful. I wish these things had butt dryers attached (LOL). The shower room was large with two sinks a stool and plenty of room in the shower for two people. All the amenities were nice, but it lacked an ironing board.

Food – We only had breakfast and were very pleased with the high quality of the service. The food selection consisted of buffet continental type items and made to order hot choices. The selection was extremely limited, but the quality was good. A more expansive menu would be nice. As is, it gets old eating the same thing every day.

Service – This is the only area of concern, but I blame management, not the staff. We had two special requests. 1) An extra bed sheet, 2) a lower temperature in the room. Every time we asked during our 4 night stay, the front desk responded instantly. Sadly, we had to ask for the sheet every day even after asking it be a regular item. The room cleaning staff also did not make the bed properly, and we had to redo the sheets every night. Since the sheets are not fitted, they “short-sheeted the bed” 3 nights. I am tall and noticed instantly. I hate remaking beds in 5 star hotels, but it is more common than one might think.

Also, the room was very warm. I realize Europe has silly rules on AC, but this hotel only allowed the guests to adjust to 20 (while EU law allows 18). It would be OK, if it ever got to 20, but never did. Plus, the room cleaners removed the light card, which shut off the AC. With the hot sun, the room never cooled down and it was awful walking into a hot room because the staff shut off the AC. I blame management lack of staff training and for not letting the room go down to 18 (likely to save money). At these very high rates, they should not save money by having guests suffer. The front desk always lowered the temp when asked, but the room could never properly cool down in enough time. Yes, it was a warm week, management will respond, but the problem is the hotel policies, not mother nature. I have never had this problem at a Ritz Carlton in Europe.

I must end the service on a positive note. We had a 4:30 ride to the airport and the staff prepared a fantastic food package to take with us. Thank you!

Location – Despite being outside the Ring Strasse, this location is amazing. The hotel is a few steps from the U3 Volkstheater station, which is two stops (5 minutes) from Stephansplatz. I spent more time on the U3 platform than walking or riding. It is not in the middle of downtown, but I prefer this as it is easier to get an UBER, taxi or travel anywhere.

I highly recommend the Sans Souci. But, I hope they read this and make some adjustments.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Profguy

Dear Profguy,
First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you still had a wonderful time with us. It is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. Our management took a closer look at each part of the review and we can ensure you that we have already taken steps to improve our facilities and services.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again.
Best regards from beautiful Vienna,
Magdalena Kessler, Marketing and the Sans Souci team

Reviewed 4 July 2018

A beautiful hotel, staff are welcoming,helpful, friendly and interested in their guests. The hotel and rooms are exceptionally clean. A wide selection to choose from for breakfast and all food is fresh and presented well. The location is excellent to see Vienna and two minutes from the Volkstheatre U Bahn stop and the museum quarter.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank LondonKafui
SansSouciWien, Manager at Hotel Sans Souci Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear LondonKafui,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this amazing review. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

The rooms (I stayed in two different types, on two different stays) are high-ceilinged, light-filled, comfortable, irreproachably clean, new, and stylish in a low-key way. Bathrooms are similarly good. Shower is first-rate--e.g., you can adjust the water temperature to an actual temperature. There is a great smell everywhere.

The breakfast couldn't be much better. The restaurant does a great job for dinner, too. And room service food was delicious and delivered quickly.

Service was polite, helpful, and efficient. (There was one uncharacteristic blip: I went downstairs to check out and have a quick breakfast before I had to leave for the airport at 7:30 a.m. I finished checking out at 6:56; breakfast starts at 7. The staff made me wait, outside the restaurant, for four minutes before unlocking the restaurant doors at exactly 7. I thought that was a very bizarre and poor decision.)

The location is pretty good. You're across the street from the Kunsthistorisches Museum, but getting to the opera or the center-city attractions is a hike (though a very fine one that I enjoyed doing). But you can get a cab no problem, of course.

I didn't have the opportunity to check out the spa or gym.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Traveler1983_13,
Thank you very much for taking your time to write this amazing review. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. We do apologize for the 4 minutes waiting time for breakfast. This is not the service we are offering and can ensure you that we already trained our team so make sure that this will not occur again in the future. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again.