“Outstanding fine dining experience in the heart of Vienna”
Review of Edvard

Edvard
Ranked #15 of 4,677 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$51 - US$108
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: Seasonal dishes with international influences and regional products: Edvard’s Fresh Cuisine is aimed at getting the best possible taste out of every ingredient. The careful selection of products is equally important as the harmonic combination of all components to a complete dish. In addition: a wine menu, rousing the guest with a new appetite and a fresh atmosphere, created for leaning back. The restaurant is awarded with one Michelin star and 17 Gault-Millau points.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My first visit at the Edvard restaurant was a throughout memorable and very pleasant experience.
I was received with a very warm welcoming the service guided through the menu with courtesy and even more of the Viennese charm. My favourite bite was the pork cheek of the main course, braised so well it almost melted on the tongue. Also wine lovers do not miss out on anything, the sommelier has a great sense to pair Austria's unique wine with the specialities of the kitchen. I am definitely looking forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Edvard first impresses with the quality of service - it is outstanding - professional yet friendly and not all uptight. I was a bit apprehensive about total silence only interrupted by clinking silverware, so I appreciated the relaxed atmosphere. The setting is pleasant enough, comfortable but maybe just a little too generic `luxury hotel `to stand out or wow you with its originality.
I guess the main point of going to a Michelin star restaurant is the food. This leaves me rather conflicted. We had one 5 course tasting menu - the more meat focused - with wine pairings and one seven course menu, which was more fish oriented. It felt like a boy menu and a girl menu. Frankly I rather regretted ordering the girl menu, as the outstanding dishes were mostly meat ones - namely the pork starter and the oxtail main. The pork was simply superb. From the rest of the dishes two others stand out - the little pebbles filled with burrata were incredibly fun and the tangerine dessert was zinging with flavour. However the signature dish left me rather disappointed - the bowl lacked texture and I couldn’t really decide whether it was a savoury or sweet dish. Very confused. On a high note, the wine parings were selected with great care and perfectly complimented the dishes. It was also great to see that they are not too snobby to include a Slovak white wine (I should mention that I am ¼ Slovak!).
Although the service was outstanding it would be great if the waiters slowed down a bit when presenting the food - at times they were gabbling so fast and that even an English speaker didn’t quiet catch what was they were saying.
Overall, I’m glad that we visited, we had a lovely date night and ate some nice food. Would I come back? No. The food was just not good enough to justify the price tag. The outstanding staff can’t compensate for that.

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

This is without doubt the worst food I have ever had in any of the Michelin accredited restaurants I have visited .

‪The lobster‬ was seriously undercooked and the soufflé was a scrambled egg disaster of a thing . How such glaring and potentially illness inducing errors get over the pass in a supposedly quality establishment is astonishing.

In a seven course tasting menu almost a third of the dishes were inedible ! Lots of apologies, and after we insisted, they did remove these two dishes from the bill but nothing more was done to compensate for such a seriously below par display. The restaurant manager was not empowered to address my concerns . The chef / owner was not prepared or able to come out to discuss further .

I am fortunate that this was not a special occasion meal and perhaps I was unlucky but at €480, (even after the removed dishes) I wouldn't recommend you trust this place with an evening that might be of any importance to you.

The restaurant was a pleasant enough space and the staff extremely polite but very young and with little ability in dealing with disappointed diners . Wine was well selected and enjoyable and the bread was nice .

By way of an apology, the following day, I was offered a complimentary rerun of the evening but as I had advised them that I don’t live in Vienna with no immediate plans to return it felt rather contrived and insincere.

4  Thank aprilsbhoy
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Not knowing if to start talking about the amazing cuisine or the implacable service, does not happen often once visiting a restaurant, but the team of this restaurant delivered on all agendas.
One course better then the next, and waiters with the eye for details.

If you want a special experience go here and enjoy a night like no other.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Dining at Edvard was an interesting experience. The restaurant has a clean and elegant atmosphere. We have tried the 7-course degustation menu which turned out to have many more courses when counting the small dishes between the main dishes. The dishes were cooked and presented to perfection, but some of them lacked the innovative touch seen at other Michelin-starred restaurants. The service was pleasantly informal, although a bit slow due to understaffing. Overall, the experience was very good.