I stayed here on my honeymoon; this is an ultramodern, private, boutique hotel tucked away on a small street between Stephenzplatz and Schwedensplatz (and their respective metro stops--very convenient!). You almost wouldn't know its there as the sign is a small flag over an ordinary looking door next to several local businesses. You enter on the ground floor where storage cabinets and communal bikes (available to anyone staying there) are located, and the elevator takes you up to reception on the 2nd floor. There, you'll find friendly reception staff, a comfortable lounge with a piano, CDs and books to borrow, newspapers to read, and a computer and printer to use. Next to the lounge is the breakfast room. This is by far the best hotel breakfast I have ever eaten, and it is included in the price of the room. There is a meat and cheese platter, freshly-baked bread basket, fresh squeezed juice smoothie, coffee/tea/espresso, fresh fruit salad, and hot egg options (which change daily) in addition to house baked pastries, fresh jams (rhubarb vanilla--yum!), cereals, and crepes. Amazing. period. The hotel also has a restaurant down the street that serves lunch and dinner which we did not have a chance to go to, but it gets wonderful reviews and the menu looks delicious.
The rooms are super modern with an open concept--the sink and bathtub are on one side of the low wooden room divider, and the bed and sofa are on the other. At first I was a little wary of the open shower/sink thing, but it is designed well and there are no problems with water getting everywhere as I feared. The bed was comfortable and large, and the room also had a desk area with outlets and ethernet hookup, though there is free wifi as well. My only criticism of the room is that the lighting was low so it was difficult to put on my makeup. Otherwise, it was lovely!
The hotel also boasts a spa and movie theater (neither of which we had a chance to use) on the 1st floor, and an outdoor garden terrace for relaxing outside. The staff was extremely helpful when we needed help with public transportation and changing some of our dinner reservations. The location of the hotel is a short walk from St. Stephen's cathedral, and we walked everywhere we wanted to go within the city center. For trips a little farther, the hotel is conveniently located between Stephensplatz and Schwedensplatz metro stops.
Overall this was a unique hotel with wonderful amenities, and incredible breakfast, helpful staff, and a quiet yet convenient location. Would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique hotel, design refuge, living room for globetrotters and the pampered jetsetters: the Hollmann Beletage is all this and much more – a Viennese jewel in the truest sense of the word. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hollmann Beletage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollmann Beletage - Design And Boutique
- Hollmann Beletage - Design & Boutique Hotel Vienna
- Hollmann Beletage Design Boutique Vienna