Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
OUT OF THIS WORLD

Out of this world We can not thank Marianne enough- this was the best day of our lives (other than... read more

Reviewed 22 March 2020
Hewletts17
Swindon
Best way to see Norway!

Reviewed 19 March 2020
Zebdivittorio
Dallas, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Tromso
from US$237.30
from US$233.33
from US$233.63
from US$190.85
More Info
All reviews snow suits memory card cheese sandwich guide sarah hot chocolate aurora chase northern lights camera settings personal touch around midnight take photos day tour small group warm clothes first night clear sky mini van
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2020

Out of this world

We can not thank Marianne enough- this was the best day of our lives (other than wedding day) Marianne picked us up at dock (we was on a cruise ship) and away we went- we drove in the middle of the wilderness, unfortunately I couldn't go to Mariannes log cabin on the lake- because of my disability- instead she drove my husband and I up the start of a mountain- we was the only ones around and out of nowhere there was the Aurora in all her finery- colours/shapes/Size. Months on and years to come we will live with the joy of what we witnessed. Marianne is local, experienced-kept us warm, fed us- coming back down the mountain side-we even saw reindeers. Marianne is passionate about the Aurora this is not a job this is her life- the one thing to remember this is a natural wonder and Is not guarenteed- however Marianne will do everything she can to drive to the right location to see it.

Marianne is a professional photographer with copious amount of equipment- will direct you for that perfect photo and give you a copy of everything she took- STUNNING.

XX

Date of experience: November 2019

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 19 March 2020 via mobile

Marianne’s Aurora Tour was an amazing way to see the northern lights but also the Norwegian landscape at night! We loved it so much, we did two more nights and a Fjord day tour. Marianne is an incredible person and does not disappoint! Highly recommend you take these tours. With so many tour options in Tromsø, this is by far the best way to get more than you bargain for!

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 17 March 2020 via mobile

I went to Norway with one goal. To take a picture of Northern lights. As enthusiastic photographer I was looking for tour dedicated to the people with similar interest. I think I find it and I was really happy. Yes, there could be many things and details which could be done better. Generally, Marianne was acting as she was tired from all season and too much work and tours. It didn’t bother me as I wanted to see and photograph Aurora. They gave us good advises and all that caused very positive feeling, so I did not care. Therefore I was even more looking forward to my day tour which supposed to be at Friday as I was returning back at Saturday morning. I was extremely disappointed when I was informed by email at Thursday late afternoon, that my day tour was canceled. With no word of explanation and no time to find replacement. I find on internet an overpriced tour, which I used, but it was not exactly what I was looking for. Yes, I received money back so, from this point of view I cannot to complain. I will just suggest Marianne to learn how to communicate better. Especially in critical situation. If I will suggest this company after my first trip to all people like me, now I am not sure anymore.
Everything can happen at anytime to anyone, but the difference is what will happen if something will go wrong.

Date of experience: March 2020
MarianneB493, Owner at Marianne's Heaven on Earth Aurora Chaser Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Im sorry that you are disappointed. If you read our Terms & Conditions you will see that we can cancel without telling you why. And as i did tell you the next day it was a family reason. And i did offer you to find a new tour when i did cancel you but you refuse. You can’t blame me for that.

Reviewed 3 March 2020

We were picked up on time from the post office and set off to find the northern lights. We were in Sara's group (not sure how Sarah is spelt in Wales) and she was a delight to be with. On our way to Marianne's hut, she spotted the first aurora of the evening so stopped the minivan and set us up with tripods and reflective jackets. She was very helpful and knew how to best set the cameras in order to take photos. Nothing fazed her, be it toilet stops, the freezing wind, silly questions or various requests. At the hut we were served warm soup and drinks and had the possibility to grill sausages and marshmallows. Unfortunately, the sky was cloudy and we were told that there could be a gap in the clouds around midnight. Some of the group opted to stay and wait, while our part of the group opted to try our luck elsewhere. Sara got behind the steering wheel and set off again... We made another couple of stops for photos and then, at midnight, there was a vague clearing in the cloud cover with another less impressive sighting. All in all, it was a good tour made better by our young Welsh driver.

Date of experience: February 2020
1  Thank Titch-the-Witch
Reviewed 29 February 2020

I chose a tour with Marianne based on a recommendation from another traveller and was not disappointed. The weather in Tromsø had been quite poor for a number of days, so the tour ended up driving to Kilpisjärvi in Finland.

Marianne, George and Sarah were all excellent Arctic guides and experienced in Aurora chasing and photography. The tour was casual, friendly and informative throughout.

They will look after you very well, drive carefully and loan you all equipment you need to stay safe and have a great time. You will be offered food and drink as part of the tour, and a warm campfire is a nice focal point to gather and be sociable with your guides and the rest of your group.

They'll also help you set up your camera for low light Aurora photography, or hire you a DSLR and advise you if you don't have a camera of your own.

All in all, a really great service from lovely people. I would definitely recommend one of Marianne's tours to anyone visiting Tromsø.

Date of experience: February 2020