US$219
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$117
  • Restaurant
US$172
  • Breakfast included
Radisson Blu Hotel Oslo Alna(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Thon Hotel Terminus(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$165
Hotels.com
Scandic Byporten(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$227
  • Breakfast included
Saga Hotel Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$155
US$149
US$141
Official Site
Citybox Oslo(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$113
Scandic Holmenkollen Park(Oslo)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$125
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

All reviewsmetro stationwashing machinecity centresmall kitchenan expensive citystreet noisebudget hotelkarl johans gatetoyenmunch
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Best Western Kampen Hotell is near Tøyen station. Me and my friend originally booked a hostel/ apartment room. When we arrived, the staff were very helpful and upgraded to a twin ensuite. The room was small but I couldn’t complain it was better that what we got. I didn’t have breakfast due to the breakfast being pricey plus the breakfast was limited, room was small and didn’t look appealing. But I had lovely time and the staff were excellent and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2017

This is a hotel you should consider when traveling to Oslo on a budget. It is right across the square from the Tøyen subway station and near the Botanical gardens. The staff was attentive and polite. The lobby is dated, but the rooms have all been newly renovated and as they are tiled, are probably good for people with allergies. The rooms were very clean. Breakfast is only so-so and overpriced for the quality of what you receive. There is an outstanding bakery near the entrance to the subway and we recommend you eat there. The Anatolia restaurant in the same square is also excellent.

Room Tip: Don't get an interior room on the fourth floor. They face a terrace where people hang out until late at night
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2017

The Kampen Hotel is not in the center of town, but conveniently located near public transportation (only 4 stops to the center). The Munch museum is within walking distance. There are several places to eat nearby, although the hotel staff wasn't too helpful in recommending any. We particularly liked the Turkish restaurant, Anatola, about 5 minutes away. Rooms are small in the hotel, and I had some difficulty with the type of room reserved but it was sorted out in the end. Great breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

After reading through the reviews, we never experienced many of the difficulties and or issues shared. We arrived in the late afternoon from Amsterdam. The front desk person was polite not abrupt and social. Our check in was easy no issues. We received a room on the 5th floor and it faced the main street. The hallway lined with grey granite tiles, security cameras, and steel room doors - almost prison like or asylum feeling. Inside 2 twin beds, no a/c, no fridge, large screen LCD, poor spotty WiFi, no USB charging ports, operating windows, standard toilet, small shower stall with sliding doors, ample hot water the tank was inside the bathroom which made it quite warm. The hotel was clean and quiet at nights. Our stay included breakfast which was average, or 150Krona so expensive. The hotel is close to the subway and Munch museum and Stockfleths a coffee shop somewhat affordable. The hotel is close to grocery stores and a few choice restaurants but $$$$. Oslo does live up to being the most expensive places to visit.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin0323
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Rather than write out a long winded review, I'll summarize it in bullet form. You can then decide if these are concerns you, as a traveler, have. There may be some who enjoy having coffee grinds in their fresh brewed cup of coffee or maybe like a room that's stifling and over 80 degrees, or even enjoy coming and going through your window.

1. There is no smoke alarm in the room, no telephone to contact the front desk (or call for help), the cell service is spotty at best and the internet constantly reboots. I prefer staying in places where I can easily reach someone in the event of an emergency or be woken up if there's a fire. The hallways and doors that lead to rooms has no ventilation and one would probably die of smoke inhalation if there was any smoke condition in them.

2. There are no screens on the windows. This means that if you win the lottery and get room 2025A your only relief from the +80 degree room temperature is to open the window. Your windfall is being able to go out of your room and right onto the sidewalk. You might not be encouraged that this means someone you don't know might want to enter your room that way, but it would certainly give you an easy way of getting out in the event of an emergency. A real concern for me to think this hotel does not care about safety and that anyone who literally wanted to get in this hotel could. We know about this room because this was our original one.

3. Room temperature. I prefer being able to get some air or run a fan to keep the air circulating. They know there is a problem because they give you a plug in fan but they give you no means of cooling the room off. In our replacement room we were able to open a french door but had to put pillows in front of it to keep it open. We were concerned as it wasn't really very high from the street but we really had no choice as we didn't want to suffocate. This could explain why housekeeping doesn't actually make the beds properly, they can probably only spend a few minutes in the room without feeling like they are going to suffocate.

4. Water, water everywhere in the bathroom. The shower has a series of sliding glass/metal doors that are supposed to be "on" the railing but in our room, it wasn't. Without a proper fitting shower door, the water flies everywhere. I'm guessing this is the norm because nasty customer service woman was told about it when she was in the room and when we came back later that day it hadn't been fixed.

5. Food. I'm sure the buffet was good when the food was first put out and perhaps coffee grinds don't always seep through the filters, but when we finally got around to eating (more about nasty hotel staff coming up shortly) there wasn't a whole lot left that I found appealing.

6. Hotel staff - Nothing makes you feel like a really important customer like being told that your room isn't "hot" according to their standards and they have lots of other rooms that are, in fact, warmer. Who on earth finds this acceptable? If I have a problem with something the solution is not to tell me I should be grateful to have a room that isn't the hottest in the hotel? It wasn't bad enough that nasty customer service woman insisted on going with me to my room because she didn't believe me when I said it was hot but yet continues to argue with me that it's too bad if you don't find the room comfortable enough. I don't think this is how most customer service people in Oslo behave so maybe it's just this hotel that specializes in this behavior. Even when I pointed out to the woman about the coffee grinds in the coffee she insisted the grinds did NOT come from inside the thermos!! Did she think I traveled with grinds in my suitcase just so I could make my newly poured cup of coffee look more attractive?

The hotel itself is located within walking distance of the Botanical Gardens & Munch museum and that was the only thing that we were pleased with.

There is absolutely nothing "Best" in this best western and even when I was told someone in Oslo that represents the hotel chain would reach out to me that never happened so this is a nightmare of a hotel that continues to sucker in tourists every day of the year.

Room Tip: Don't stay here in the summer, period. Maybe in the winter you'd appreciate the sweltering temperatures.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends