“I keep coming back to this hotel for its great location and value”

Comfort Hotel Boersparken
Ranked #36 of 101 Hotels in Oslo
Vannes, France
“I keep coming back to this hotel for its great location and value”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

As an expatriate who still comes back to Oslo for short business trips, I have made it a habit to stay at this hotel when I am not staying with family. It is perfectly located in downtown oslo, almost next to the new opera house and the central train station. Nice staff, good breakfast, and moving with the times (frequent upgrades to the decor and style, always looking very fresh). Getting hipper all the time (in the elvator they advertise their "Kick A*s breakfast"), but keeping the same, low prices. I'll be back!

The only problem I have had, is that since the hotel caters (more and more) to a hip and young crowd, sometimes I have had problems sleeping due to "partying" in other rooms. There is very little noise insulation between the rooms (unlike the "serious" business hotels, but they cost 3 times as much...).

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a nice direct view of the new Opera house.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank okleven
tskinnemoen, Manager at Comfort Hotel Boersparken, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Hi Okleven.
Thank you so much for your great review.
A kick a*s breakfast is in our oppinion the best way to start
a day in the vibrating heart of Oslo.
We welcome you back, don't hesitate to use our low-price calendar
for damn good deals in the future.
Regards
Thomas Skinnemoen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The hotel surroundings leave a lot to be desired, located as it is just around the corner from an outlet for free syringes for heroin addicts. It's also hard not to notice the prostitutes walking the streets in the area. Walking to and from the railroad station felt safe, though. After dark I would probably take a taxi, despite the very short distance. Apart from that, once you've closed the hotel room door behind you, you could be in any mid-range to top-end business hotel. I had a very comfortable room facing the opera building. The breakfast and reception area was designed for people on the go, fast and efficient. Personally, I prefer more comfort and personal service, and I felt a bit like a product being processed through a breakfast+check-in/check-out-factory.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Nohmad
Hi Nohmad!
Thank you for your review here at Tripadvisor.
Our central location has its ups and downs.
We are efficient, but strive to get in touch with each single
guest. Don't hesitate to take a chat with one of our staff next time.
Hope to see you again.
Winchester
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I've just returned from Oslo and my third stay at this hotel. It's a great option, being situated less than a 5 minute walk from the train station and Karl Johan's Gate. Also, and, most importantly for me - it's in a quiet location (which I know is possibly unfair of me to expect in the heart of a capital city, but from previous experience this is definitely the best hotel where that's concerned). Thanks to the recently introduced 'Low Price Calendar', you can now find a low-cost but decent option in Oslo. I had a single room, which contained everything I required for my short stay (with hairdryer and kettle in the room too). What's also nice is the balcony view from the 8th floor - with the option to sit in the warm and still appreciate the view, thanks to the french-windows and the comfy chairs. There is free coffee and tea in reception at all times, and the staff are always friendly and helpful too. I will definitely be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor - as I had a single room, but have stayed on the 2nd floor in previous stays...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

1 Thank MarianneSWinchester
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Great location not far from Oslo Central Station, with views overlooking the Oslo Stock Exchange and the Opera. Within walking distance of all sights in downtown Oslo and perfect if you are catching the train the next day.

Rooms are comfortable and the breakfast buffet had a good selection.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hobokahl
Mayo
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My fiancée and I stayed here over the New Years weekend and were very impressed. The hotel is very nicely located about 5 mins walk from Oslo Central Station and we found it very easily. We were welcomed by a very friendly receptionist, and she answered all our questions about the local area.

Our room while a little small was very comfortable. I have to say our bed was one of the nicest and softest hotel beds I've ever been in. I would have no problem recommending this hotel for a short stay in Oslo.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple