“Amazing”

Bristol Grill
Ranked #110 of 1,614 Restaurants in Oslo
Cuisines: Norwegian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our á la carte restaurant Bristol Grill has an English character, both in style and tradition. Our cuisine offers a seasonal menu with both international and Norwegian dishes.
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Amazing experience: beautiful room, very professional and attentive service(even though we probably looked like bums after touring around Oslo all day), delicious food, beautiful presentation. We were a family group of four out for dinner. Two of us were looking for vegetarian food with the other two looking for other things. The vegetarians ordered the only item on the menu that was vegetarian which was the Barley Risotto - it was probably the best risotto I've ever had. One person had the five course meal which was also amazing, and the fourth had the pan fried cod, also delicious. We also tried the baked alaska and hazelnut and both did not disappoint. The kitchen in this restaurant is on display which added to the overall experience - You could see and hear the cooking staff as they prepared the meals - all very skilled and professional. Overall this was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had.

2  Thank Tg0428

Reviewed 22 December 2017

I have written several reviews regarding our Christmas gathering at the Bristol Grill.
My Dry Martini became smaller ... but this is also the only complaint I have; the rest is just excellent.
I think this years LUTEFISK deserves to be certified "BEST EVER". I could not refuse to accept the second service of this delicious dish. It might be strange to foreigners, but the quality we were served last week was just top of the line.
Thank you very much for the delicious Lutefisk you served the members of the Oslo Hotel and Restaurant Association.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I'd say this restaurant keeps well! I go there to treat myself to a leisurely meal that I'd expect to be first class. This was no exception. I chose from the main menu, rather than opting for the three-dish menu offered (though that probably would be very good as well, with wine suggestions for each dish). Having a deer filet seemed right for atumn. It was cooked as per specification, and came nicely arranged with sauce and vegetables. The portion might have been larger - I'd say that adding a starter and/or a dessert is a good idea, though there is fresh bread coming to the table as a side dish. Dining alone, I wanted just a glass of wine, and that was available - a nice enough Crozes-Hermitage (the bottle was brought to the table for my inspection). I believe one can by half bottles of decent wine to go with the meal as well - a rarity nowadays! Some pettis fours (not on the dessert menu) with an espresso and a cognac made for a satisfactory finish. It is a good place to relax and enjoy! There were some parties of four to six persons also dining. The dress code was relaxed, casual, though a suit or a dress would not seem out of place. While the restaurant is not exactly hip or trendy, it is very good - and you can safely take your partner there for a treat. Service was also very good. Against a small fee you leave your coat in the wardrobe, where there is a guard on duty. Ah, yes, on the way in, there is a nice (piano) bar for an appetizer, if you like.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I have been in this restaurant a few years ago, and have a New visit yesterday. It was ALL really superb.
The vaitets was what you can dream of service.... superb...
The food... biggest suprise.. all 6 disches + some extra from kitchen was all, THE BEST I REMEBER HAVE EATEN LAST YEAR. Absolute superb.. lf you want a exeleent evening , this is the place... Enjoy

Gro E, Hovmester at Bristol Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Jørn

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. Pleased to see that we delivered at our best. Hope to see you again soon. Have a nice day!

Kind Regards
Gro

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Been wanting to go to the Bristol for a while now and finally got the chance to. The staff were very polite and professionally presented. Service was faultless. I had beef carppaccio to start and lamb for a main. Everything was cook perfectly and presented brilliantly. I especially liked the white asparagus additions.

Dear Andrew J

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Happy to hear that the food and service was faultless. We hope to see you again soon!
Have a nice day.