“Great food. Excellent service!”
Review of Der Peppern Gror

Der Peppern Gror
Ranked #17 of 1,614 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived in the restaurant near the closing time and there was still lots of people. We had no reservation, but table for two was arranged quickly. The menu was in Norwegian but common Indian food terminology was used. Naan bread was served on smaller pieces than usually. The tables were very small and that is why all the dishes were served in small pots. The service was very fast and friendly. The chicken dishes were very tasteful and all the spices were aromatic. You should also try Thumbs up cola!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,094)

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for good indian food, you must try this place. Great food and great atmosphere as well. They can also make gluten free dishes!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Very pleased with the visit to this excellent indian establishment. The waitress was professional and friendly. The food was excellent and plenty. Overall one of the best indian places in the city.

1  Thank vidarhv
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Absolutely great Indian food - espcially I love the grill menu! The surroundings are very nice and the staff is professional and observant. I've been here several times before, and they keep delivering great experiences over and over again!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

I have been here for the 3rd time and every time there is something wrong.
First time I came they lost my booking, second time the service rude, and yesterday they over charge me on my bill.
I eat out like 3-5 times a week, so I know service and I know food very well.
This place should NOT be the top 2.
The reason I say so is that when I order food, like at this place, I ordered Tandoori, then they ask if I want rice, sous, +++ and everthing cost more. so they play me with the bill.
Normaly when I eat out i order dinner then the rice, potato sous and so on is inkl in the price.
This is pricing system is fooling the customer and at the end the restaurant will lose. So if you want nice indian food with good service go to another restaurant.
The place it self is nice, but that does not help when the food and the experience is a big disappointment. So never agian for me and my family!

2  Thank Paal G