All reviewsevening buffetwafflesafternoon pancakesincluded in the priceextra touchesnice hotelcomplimentary dinnermusic themejam and creamdvd playercook your ownclarion collectionmain sitesgreat roommake your ownblackout curtainssmall fridge
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Super-helpful and friendly staff are a feature here. There’s a very good breakfast (but no pastries) and a lovely feature is food buffet available in the afternoon. That was appreciated when we arrived and had little time before work. Room was modern and clean, very powerful shower in the bathroom. Obviously a refurb and a couple of things were a bit tricky...lights...no general switches by the bed. Good desk for work and a (vintage-but needed reupholstering) armchair.
Bed was comfortable but I found the (smaller) pillow too big and synthetic/rather uncomfortable. NB management it would be a worthwhile upgrade to have much better quality pillows. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
CCGrandOlav, Resepsjonssjef at Clarion Collection Grand Olav, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Thank you so much for giving us a review of your stay.
I am glad the staff took good care of you and you liked the room.

We will check the possibilty for other types of pillows, ask for a smaller pillow at your next visit :)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Wking distance from main station and key attractions. Room is spacious with free breakfast and light dinner. There is also a DIY pancake time in the afternoon. There is an all-in-one body and hair shampoo so if you have hard hair bring your own conditioner.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
CCGrandOlav, Resepsjonssjef at Clarion Collection Grand Olav, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you so much for giving us a review of your stay.
I am glad you liked our location in the middle of Trondheim City.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

A cool hotel with a cosy feel . The extra touches helped make it feel like you were a VIP. Loved the evening buffet, the delicious breakfast and the extra touches for our children . After a lovely day exploring the great city of Tronheim delighted to relax with a DVD from the extensive collection. One of my best stays anywhere

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for giving us a review of your stay.

I am glad you liked all the meals we have included in the price and you enjoyed the free DVD rental.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I stayed at this hotel for three days, and on the whole enjoyed it. The property is close to the city center (though Trondheim being quite small, this is not so unusual). It is clean and friendly.

It is, as many have noted, somewhat dated in its decor, and has some quirks, notably that the inward facing rooms overlook the atrium of the concert theater. Beyond noise (which is not too bad), this means that people socializing on the third floor will be able to look directly into your room from only a few meters away. As a result, one must keep blackout curtains closed for privacy, but that leaves the room in a rather depressing state. There were housekeeping issues: hair on the floor of the bathroom, unfilled soap dispenser, etc., that should have been better addressed.

The dinner was a nice touch, and I thought it was quite well prepared (with the exception of the coffee).

All of the drawbacks would have been forgivable at another pricepoint, but on weekends in particular, this hotel can be quite expensive. When one is paying so much, small problems like this really jump out.

Room Tip: avoid the inward facing rooms
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for giving us a review of your stay.
I am glad you liked the meals we have included in our price.

If you don't mind I will be very happy if you can send me some information about the problems with housekeeping so we can look in to this.
Clean rooms is our biggest focus area so I will look into the housekeepers routines.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I like the location, it’s close to the city centre.

The room I stayed in was a family room. Big room.

The service is good, and it is a relaxed atmosphere.

I also like that the hotel offers a evening buffet. It is great if you stay here for work like I did.

The rooms could need a renovation. But they are good enough.

Good service, ok standard, good location and normal price for Norway.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for giving us a review of your stay.
I am glad our staff took good care of you during your stay and you liked the meals we have included in our price.