Scandic Nidelven(Trondheim)
US$155
US$136
US$120
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$186
Priceline
US$142
US$127
Trip.com
All reviewsbreakfast buffet was gooddouble bedgreat locationairport buswithin walking distancecolorfullysupperluggagestopstvguestslobbycitywindownorway
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

A quite new and modern hotel in the middle of downtown but with a historic look on the outside. Have a small gym as well as a cozy lobby lounge area. The breakfast restaurant had a good selection and the service was splendid. Only minus was that the room was rather small.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

In line with all Thon hotels the decor is modern even in older buildings, and the rooms here are wood floors and modern fitments. Comfortable and firm double bed with separate duvets was just right. Excellent breakfast buffet with the usual Norwegian specialities, and everything felt 'fresh'. Certainly worth the cost, and it is close to the railway station, the airport bus stops outside and, as it all places in Midtbyen, only a short walk to Nidaros Cathedral.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
ThonHotelNidaros, Resepsjon at Thon Hotel Nidaros, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear John H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

How wonderful that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Hope to see you again soon :)

Best regards,
Nina H

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I had booked my stay in advance, but a week before my arrival my trip was cut a day short. I was not able to rebook my stay at the hotel, and had to pay for the entire period. I have been a lojal guest and earned my gold membership through staying at other very good Thon Hotels-but it didn't help much. This exact hotel showed no service on the matter. I had booked a single room, but the room at this hotel was a bit over the top small. I am a woman of small/medium size, but could not turn indide the bathroom. I had to sit on the side of the toilet to avoid my knees from the bathroom sink arrangement and the shower doors could only be opened on one side because of the lack of space.

The TV was placed on the wall parellel to the bed, so I could not relax in bed and watch tv- I had to sit in bed and watch- annoying after a long work day.

The room was cold, and when i tried turning up the heat it just popped right back to the locked temperature. The breakfast was medium.

Otherwise the hotel was hard to find my way around, two different sections and needing to take two differtent elevators on different sides of the hotel. Met three other guests tht hd gotten lost.

All in all, not a hotel I will stay at again or recommend to others.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
ThonHotelNidaros, Resepsjon at Thon Hotel Nidaros, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Line S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

As you had booked and prepaid for a non refundable room, we could not cancel one day of the room. We recommend that you book on flexible price, which is possible to cancel without any charges, if you want the opportunity to change your reservation up to 4 pm on the check-in day.

You had booked a "small single room" and those rooms are small. If you want a bigger room we recommend that you book a "standard single room" or greater.

Regarding the heating of the room so are the heating you turned on just to the bathroom floors, and those are in a locked position. There is a radiator in the rooom where you could turn the heat up.

As your room was located in the main building we did not explain how to get to, or use the second elevator, as we only explain that to the guests staying at that building.

Hope you would give us a second change.

Best Regards, Nina H

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Beautiful hotel with very kind and service minded staff, nice rooms and a really good breakfast!

The location is very central, and there are many bus connections nearby. There are a few pubs/bars/clubs nearby, so some noise can be expected from some of the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
ThonHotelNidaros, Resepsjon at Thon Hotel Nidaros, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Mie K,

Thank you for the kind review.
So nice that you liked our staff and hotel! :)

Best regards,
Nina H.

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

The room was very nice and had a lot of modern amenities, but it was unbelievably small. It was tough to maneuver luggage through the room. Probably meant for one person, since the bed was kind of small as well. I don’t think all of the rooms are that small so perhaps you can request a bigger room.
The breakfast buffet was very nice with a large selection of food.
Location is convenient, especially from the train station or port for the hurtigruten.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
ThonHotelNidaros, other at Thon Hotel Nidaros, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Dear Kat12F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

How nice that you liked the interior of the room and the breakfast.
We do have different room sizes, and some of the rooms are smaller than others. We do have family room and superior room, all of which are larger rooms. The bed in a standard queen room is 150 cm wide.

Kind regards, Nina H