Copthorne Orchid Hotel Penang
US$53
  • Breakfast included
Four Points by Sheraton Penang(Tanjung Bungah)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$56
US$39
US$38
US$35
  • Pool
Straits Quay Suites(George Town)
US$61
Agoda.com
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Naza Hotel(George Town)
Seriental Hotel(Tanjung Tokong)
Agoda.com
All reviewsnight marketterrace blockbulgarian restaurantgeorge townfree shuttlehalf waythe hotel offerssea facing roomnice beachpool sidedeluxe roombuffet breakfastwater sportspenang islandbatubustaxis
Reviewed 19 October 2017

On 20th September 2017,we stayed at Copthorne Orchid Hotel Penang,Malaysia.It is a 3+ star hotel with wonderful sea view, Gym at the basement and swimming pool. Rooms are larger, clean and mosquito free. Dining section is also at the basement with great varieties of continental food.Staff at the restaurant is very polite and pleasing
At the reception too every one is good except a stout lady who replies in negative. In the morning ,Mr.Habib provided what ever we wanted.
A large portico is at the front portion of the Hotel & a large car parking area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sadasivan123
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night earlier in the year, but it was in late at night and out early the next morning. So not much of an opportunity to really check it out. This time we came in on the Monday and left on Friday, so four nights and breakfasts, etc.
the check in was just an okay experience, but the bellman was helpful and informative. The room is spacious but a little dated. Everything works and the bathroom again was clean, but in need of a refresh. The room was facing the water and with a little balcony, made for a very relaxing room. The breakfast room is bright and cheery and staff are welcoming. The hot food selection for a westerner is a little limited, but they have an egg station outside in the restaurant poolside area and the congee and the beef rending for the eastern taste are all there and the coffee is the best on this trip so far. Location is very convenient for me and will stay there again. Represents good value.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Imkennedy
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I was having a family trip in Penang along with my wife and my 5-month old baby son.

I would like to commend the friendly staff for being helpful and friendly every time and any where whenever we met them.

They got us our son’s baby cot in time when we checked in almost late afternoon. Their Terrace View All-day restaurant made for us excellent later lunch even though there was no one else. Truly authentic service excellence.

They got a corner room unit with a good sea view not only giving us some privacy but also prevent disturbances to other guests if our baby cries in the middle of the night.

We enjoyed their pool but unfortunately did not have enough time with them for the spa and beach.

They also had free complimentary shuttle services to Batu Ferrhinghi Night Market and the city centre everyday.

Their amenities might be a bit old but their excellent services made up anything lacking!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eiizumi
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My workshop organiser booked the hotel for me. As mentioned in previous reviewers that Copthorne Hotel is old and requires refurbishment. My room has a partial seaview and clean. Food is okay; some were delicious-nasi lemak, nyonya dishes, desserts. Good location, halfway to Georgetown and Ferringhi beaches.
That said, the hotel staff whom I met throughout my 3-day stay were warm, helpful and friendly yet non-intrusive. Genuine smiles from the heart, true Penangites. From the front desk, terrace coffee shop to concierge—in short, they were outstanding. I’ve stayed in posh hotels that lacked the warmth.
If you want experience a warm hospitality stay in Penang, and don’t mind the dated exterior, this hotel is a good choice!

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank brommie-diver
Reviewed 8 October 2017

I checked in to Copthorne Orchid Hotel Penang last week on 4th October 2017, around 4-5pm and I was welcomed by a Chinese receptionist woman wearing specs. She was a very nice lady and she gave me a very good service and it was out of my expectation, I didn't know what her name was but thumbs up for her! Good job and keep up with the good work!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple