The hotel is a bit out of the way to any other attractions. It's back is facing a nice view beach. But forget about swimming or dipping in the sea water, as it is a bit polluted and dirty.
The hotel did provide a good service though. House keeping is very prompt and the front reception is clean and airy. Try to get the sea view rooms.
You can enjoy the swimming pool and gym. The gym equipment is a bit run down.
I cant comment on the FnB as we did not dine in.
The hotel provide a free shuttle service to Batu Ferringi. You need to book the seats earlier. We took the 7pm ride to Batu Ferringi, hoping to catch the sunset there but it was a bit dark when we arrived. Its abt 15 mins drive. The driver drop us at a local gas station and would pick us up at the same spot at 9pm. Overall there is nothing really much to do there. Just having dinner and shop around for souvenirs at the roadside nightmarket. Lots of tourists. One thing i wanted to say...the shuttle driver was chatting on his handphone while driving all the way back to the hotel. It was quite improper.
I give it a 4 star. Just a decent standard hotel......nothing to shout about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the uncomplicated comforts in any of our 220 welcoming guest rooms and suites, where you’ll find everything you need to feel at home; some have outstanding views of the Malacca Strait. Enjoy free bottled water daily and stay connected with free wireless High Speed Internet Access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjung Bungah Beach Georgetown
- Hotel Tanjung Bungah Beach
- Four Points By Sheraton Penang Tanjung Bungah