I would have loved to give this hotel a full 5 stars if not for some of these small issues:
1) Check in was ok, considered quick. Had hoped for a complimentary upgrade to a seaview room. Despite being an SPG member, I was denied this and asked to pay RM80-90/night for the upgrade. The hotel was clearly not fully occupied and an upgrade would have made one more happier guest.
2) Local tax of RM3/night. This was not mentioned at all during check in. Collected when we were in a hurry to check out at 4am, as we had to catch an early morning flight.
3) Smallish room with a surprisingly small toilet. Had the twin sharing with 2 "oversized" beds. I'd say the size of the beds are what the Asians call a semi-double bed?
4) Smoke smell every night in our non-smoking rooms! We had to call Reception to complain but the same thing happens every night.
5) Gym equipment old, torn & rusty. Limited no. of functioning equipment.
Having said all the above, we did have a good comfortable stay here & loved the beach front.
May not recommend to first time visitors as it is located far from the World Heritage Site area (a 15-40 mins drive depending on traffic). 40-50 mins drive away from the airport.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking