“Well kept”

Vintage Inns The Beachy Head
Ranked #213 of 436 Restaurants in Eastbourne
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: The Beachy Head in Eastbourne is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came here after a walk in the fog from Eastbourne for a drink. Not very busy as it was midday on a Tuesday. Drinks well priced, tables weren’t sticky. Toilets clean.

General Manager A, Manager at Vintage Inns The Beachy Head, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Rabby123, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Beachy Head!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We visited here as a family for an evening meal and the food was tasty and delicious. The staff were pleasant, friendly and efficient when taking orders and delivering food. We were also allowed to bring our dog in and sit in a nice, comfortable area near to the entrance; they also left dog biscuits by the bar. There was also Free, Fast Wi-Fi. The restaurant overall was nice designed and the seating and eating area was comfortable.
Overall, it was a nice and friendly pub and I would highly recommend this restaurant to a family looking for a nice place to have Dinner.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

After a long walk up Beachy head we stopped at the pub for an early supper. I had a spinach and aubergine burger with chip. It was poor. Very small, no pesto and just a defrosted burger in a meagre roll with some lettuce. My wife had a steak pie that was better but was certainly not generous. I would hurry back her for a drink but not to eat.

General Manager A, Manager at Vintage Inns The Beachy Head, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Robert Z, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to refine our efforts to ensure this issue does not happen again.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I came in here with my wife on a chilly Friday evening. We were on a long weekend break in Eastbourne and this place was recommended to us. I am happy to say the recommendation was spot on. We managed to find a table near the fire and I went to the bar. I ordered 2 glasses of red wine and we both went for a ribeye steak.
When they came, both were cooked to perfection, exactly as we ordered. The accompanying chips were superb.

We were both full but decided to go for pudding. She who must be obeyed had the chocolate brownie and I had the apple pie. Both were lovely and the portion size was spot on.

The pub itself feels quite intimate and very homely and the staff were faultless. They were attentive without being in your face. A big thanks must go to them all for making our visit so enjoyable. We will certainly come back when we return to the area. The only downside was it was dark when we were there so could not take in the views which, I am told, are stunning.

General Manager A, Manager at Vintage Inns The Beachy Head, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!
The views are must see, if you ever get a chance- pop up to us for a lunch time visit to soak up the scenery. Thank you again,
Beachy Head Team

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I visited this pub/restaurant today with my partner and we enjoyed a tasty fish and chips meal with Apple and Rhubarb Crumble and custard for dessert. The waitress was very pleasant and helpful and we felt very comfortable in the relaxed and attractive surroundings. I would recommend.