1,017 results
All reviews elemis toiletries sea view soul weekender lovely hotel llandudno bay deluxe room high standard boutique hotel shower cubicle sea front full welsh breakfast one night stay venue cymru toast third floor first class cooked breakfast
Reviewed 25 February 2017

Stayed 2 nights lovely clean bright hotel with friendly staff, we stayed in a standard double room with shower and sea view, there is free parking on the prom but can be busy and hotel is at the far end of the prom away from the pier which was not a problem as it is an enjoyable walk. The dining room is a lovely large bright room and quality of breakfast and evening meal was lovely and very quick service. Very enjoyable stay all round and would definatley stay there again and highly recommend .

Room Tip: Avoid rooms right by the lift and pick one with sea view
Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

Just got back after 2 nights. Lovely modern hotel. Rooms were really nice, with modern fabrics and furnishings. The bathrooms had elemis toiletries. The food was excellent, both the breakfast and evening meal , very good value too. The staff were really friendly and helpful. I would have given it 4.5 stars but that's not possible. The only reason I didn't give it 5 was because when I booked thru booking.com ,the twin room with sea view photo was not a room in the eaves , which is what we were given and there were no rooms available to change. The room was really nice, just small and not what we expected. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely return.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Had a great visit for two days, hotel is modernised and well located on the sea front.
We had very nicely decorated double room with sea view. One of the best we have had in a long while, Staff were very friendly and approachable.
Unfortunately for us, we had left some clothing in the wardrobe at the hotel, on contacting the reception the issue was resolved immediately and we received the clothing by post very quickly.
Fantastic hotel and service, will definately return again and certainly recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Room 208 with sea views. Great
2  Thank CBWALES0
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We stayed at the hotel for one night last Monday 13/02/2017.
Firstly there were plenty of spaces for parking on the front immediatley outside the hotel.
The receptionist was very polite, pleasant and helpful.
The room was very clean, comfortable and warm. The bed was good, nice bath with powerful shower and large towels. The staff in the bar and restaurant were also very polite, pleasant, efficient and helpful. The quality of breakfast was excellent and not rushed. The hotel has recently undergone a refurbishment carried out to a good standard. Overall this stay was very enjoyable and good value. We would definitely
go back. Thank you

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank brunosznerch
Reviewed 18 February 2017

On the face of it a nice, modernised hotel in lovely Llandudno. We were lucky to get the last parking space outside near the hotel. Must be impossible in season and, just a little further on, you need to pay. Over half a mile to walk to the pier from the hotel, therefore that should be spelt out. We arrived a little early but the reception staff (there appeared to be several) did not check to see if our room was ready.
The room was on the front, as requested, and the view unspoilt. The room warm and clean, with everything you might want except space. I confirm the views of other guests that the shower was tiny. The whole room cramped really and the kettle too small for two cups of tea! Odd.
We ate in the restaurant the first night and were disappointed only with the size of the portions and the temperature of the food. We had to ask for a bread roll, which - there is a theme here- was tiny. The staff were having a jolly time in the kitchen. They were pleasant but not attentive.
Our room was over the entrance. We went to sleep at 11.30p.m. to be awoken by smokers chatting and laughing outside no less than 4 times between then and 2.30a.m.. When at 2.30 we rang reception, our call went to a mobile which was "unavailable". We rang many times without success and finally we had to lean out the window and ask the revellers to be quiet. I am sure that some of them were hotel staff.
We complained the next morning at reception and were told the manager was not available. Apparently a party had been drinking in the cocktail bar until 6.am! and the night receptionist was the bar-tender too! No consolation for us. They offered to move us, but said these "guests" had left. We wanted to get on with our plans, so didn't move. The next night was thankfully quiet, but when we came back to the hotel after dinner about 10.45p.m. 4 of the staff were outside the entrance door smoking (I would guess again).
The cooked breakfast was as ungenerous as the evening meal had been. I had haddock and poached egg with a 2x2 inch piece of haddock! Amazing. The waiting staff ignored our used plates despite walking empty handed from the table a foot away from us, and offered no extra toast, coffee etc. We had "laid" the table ourselves as it wasn't done. On the first morning, our hot breakfast arrived before we had finished our cereal! Thoughtless.
The staff were very friendly and pleasant but not professional enough. When we checked out, again the manager was not available. I am sure the staff enjoy working for him as the hotel policy seems to be to keep them happy rather than the guests. I wish I had noted another reviewer's comment that the cocktail bar waiter was professional right up to the point his colleagues joined him. That sums it up!

Room Tip: Sea view essential. Rear view looked poor
7  Thank moira1980
Kevin B, Manager at Llandudno Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Dear ‘Moria1980’,

Thank you for your rather flamboyant review of Llandudno Bay Hotel!

I appreciate your comments regarding our proximity to the pier, however, it is just a ten minute walk along a magnificent Promenade which boasts fantastic views of the Great Orme, Llandudno bay and the seafront architecture. Our location is also shown - in map form on website.

The hotel was very busy on your day of arrival and a number of rooms had departed late. The reason the receptionist did not check with housekeeping as to whether your room was ready was twofold; firstly the time of your arrival at the hotel and secondly the fact your allocated room had only recently departed. Had this not have been the case then of course the receptionist on duty would have checked with the Housekeeping Team. With regards to the size of the shower, when the hotel was refurbished we utilised the existing room structure and as the property is several Victorian buildings merged in to one this did present certain challenges, coupled with the properties listed status. As a result of this some of the bathrooms are compact, however, we are exploring ways to rectify this.

With regards to the disturbance on your first night, I do believe an apology and explanation were offered when you mentioned the issue to reception on the Friday morning. Indeed I am aware that the receptionist also explained the reason why the night porter did not answer the phone when you rang - but just to clarify, he was dealing with the group in question and was constantly turning down the TV and also asking them to keep the noise down. I would like to clarify that at no point were any members of my team smoking at the front of the hotel on either day as they are aware this would be a disciplinary issue.

I will speak to my Food & Beverage Manager about the service issue you experienced on your second day at breakfast, and will relay your comments about the portion size to my Executive Chef.

We have 564 excellent/very good reviews which represents 86.5% of the total, a significant proportion of these, as well as our internal guest feedback forms highlight how friendly, professional and courteous my team are so in answer to your statement, yes my staff are happy working for me and enjoy their jobs which in turn leads to a positive guest experience. If they were not happy then the guest experience would be very different. I will concede though that on some occasions we do get it wrong.

I was made aware of your complaint by my Reception Team but unfortunately had pre-planned meetings all day and was unavailable (which was explained to you). On the day you checked-out, I also had a pre-planned meeting which just so happened to occur at the same time you came to check out, this again was explained to you by my Reception Supervisor, who was also the Duty Manager that morning; who listened to your complaint, offered an explanation and an apology once again. Were I not in meetings, I would have sat down with you as I would with any guest - as I take all feedback, positive or negative, seriously!

Regards