“Once again, a very tasty meal!”
Review of Candles

Candles
Ranked #23 of 235 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2018

My partner and I visited for the 3rd time whilst on holiday this year. As in previous years, the food was lovely and was excellent value for money! The restuarant has a great selection of food for both meat eaters and vegetarians and there is always a great choice of desserts on offer. The waitress we had on the night was very nice and helpful. The restaurant itself is small but is well decorated and cosy. If you're looking for a good, tasty, reasonably priced meal, you should definitely give Candles a go!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Five family members went last night 9/8/18 the meal ad service was fantastic lovely atmosphere staff excellent couldn't fault the four course for £22.99 will be returning great end to a lovely birthday

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We had high expectations about this restaurant after reading lots of positive reviews. However our experience did not reflect the reality.

Anyway let’s start with the positives which were, lovely friendly staff, what seemed to be value for money menu pricing and a cosy ambience.

We ordered off the three course fixed priced menu along with a couple of beers. The beer was nice and cold the food was terribly bland and tasteless. I had the pate for starters which had no flavour whatsoever. My wife had the mushrooms which again lacked any flavour or zest. For the main I opted for the sizzling chicken which was a big improvement on the starter but the chicken was a bit rubbery. My wife had the gammon which she didn’t finish as it was so mediocre.

I thought the ice cream could not fail so ordered the sundae, by this time my wife had given up on the food and ordered a brandy. God bless the waitress as she didn’t have a clue what type of brandy we wanted and had to ask her coworker for help.

The ice cream sundae arrived and I was amazed that even this was a massive fail. The waffle was stale and cardboard in texture and the flavour ice cream was totally unrecognisable. I had a couple of spoon fulls and pushed it to one side

So come on guys please focus on flavour and fresh ingredients when preparing the meals you offer then you will achieve a great experience for your guests.

1  Thank Jeffp123
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Visited tonight with my mum. Amazing as always. Great value, very generous portions. Such a shame that we live in Stoke on Trent or else would fine here more often. Lovely place to visit, friendly and welcoming staff

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Nice clean decor and table settings. Plenty of choice on menu. Staff very friendly and helpful, giving quick service. Food good quality and well presented. Would return here.

1  Thank Lavenderblue2