“Wonderful afternoon tea”

Characters Tea House and Hot Stone Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Characters Tea House and Hot Stone Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 231 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Characters Teahouse and Hot Stone Restaurant. A secret to be found. Tucked away in a side street we are not easy to find. But when you do you are in for a big surprise. We are different to say the least..You could say quirky and you would be right. Old second hand china, cups, saucers, plates, glasses, furniture etc all bought from charity shops and completely mismatched giving the place character and ambiance hence the name Characters. Food is wholesome and unpretentious ,soups, sandwiches, hand made cakes & scones of different flavours forming the basis of our now famous Afternoon Tea. Accompanied by proper loose leaf tea & coffee of your choice we are open daytime 11am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. In the evening Friday & Saturday serving from 6.30pm to 8.00pm our also famous "Steak on the Stone" Accompanied by "Bring your Own" wine, beer or champagne. Whenever you decide to visit you will be greeted with a big welcome from the staff & management of this lovely family run restaurant..hopefully see you soon. Characters Team
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Called in here for afternoon tea with my husband. We really enjoyed our treat. The restaurant is comfortable and welcoming. The staff were great, very friendly but not intrusive. The afternoon tea was lovely with a great choice of sandwiches. We had Coronation Chicken and Cheese and Pickle. They were lovely. The scones were great. My only sadness is that the soup smelt so good but I was too full to try it. We shall have to go back.

1  Thank Donart123

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Exceptional place to eat. Service 1st class. If in Llandudno take the time to eat here and you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Cliff G
Reviewed 2 August 2018

We had the afternoon tea and really enjoyed ourselves. The employees were very friendly and pleasant to talk to. Coming from the U.S. and being a fan of the Great British Bake Off, I was pretty excited for my first British tea, and I wasn't disappointed.

1  Thank elizschulte
Reviewed 29 July 2018

Booked to take my Mum for afternoon tea after seeing other reviews of this place. Tasty well filled sarnies, home made scones with jam & cream and then another cake of our choice for each of us. We had our fill and came away with a doggy bag which we enjoyed later. A nice treat, would recommend.

1  Thank JMH-Sidcup
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We came to Characters based on the recommendation of our Airbnb host. It was a very hot day in Llandudno so everywhere was understandably busy. However, this place is tucked away on one of the streets further back so is a hidden gem and much quieter. We were able to get a seat outside and were instantly greeted by the man who works there. We asked if they had any cordial for a drink for our little boy. They didn't so we just said it was fine for him to just have water. 2 minutes later we saw him leaving saying he would go and buy some which was very kind. We ordered the chocolate chip scones which came served with jam, cream AND chocolate sauce. They were so fresh and delicious. I loved the decor of the cafe and when I went downstairs to use the toilet, I noticed that it has more an evening restaurant vibe down there. Heard they do hot stone meals which I would love to try if I'm in Llandudno again. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone else visiting Llandudno

1  Thank Louisawat