Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,116 results
All reviews self drive sea view sea front entertainment room evening entertainment coach driver coach holiday short break lovely hotel great holiday walk in shower car park four nights single room lovely break bar prices first class
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My 1st. Daish's holiday, won't be my last. Lost the friend I was to go with, so went solo. Everywhere has staffing problems, but The Somerset staff coped very well. Photos of Room 115, sea view (mostly raining but bright spells!) very comfy bed, full bathroom, kettle, clean. No hair dryer but easily obtained from reception. Food appears like school dinners, but is tasty ! Bar prices reasonable. Comfy lounges. Coffee Bar was closed one day, but nice chap from management made me a pot of tea and brought it outside to me. Gold star! Great to have a dance with Floss and Lilian- rather dark photo. Great location. Llandudno is not tatty like a lot of resorts. Loved all the flowers, the pier, Happy Valley Gardens, the cafes (recommend Barnacles for fish and chips), shops and the Alice in Wonderland statues. Would have liked a longer stay, and more sunshine! One gripe- the rock does not have lettering in it- Llandudno is maybe too long, but it could say Ludo !

Room tip: Worth the extra for a sea view.
1  Thank SheffieldLooby
Lisa Beaumont, Guest Services / Front Office at Somerset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Firstly please accept our condolences for the loss of your friend.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such excellent feedback, it is always great to hear such a positive review.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived the 6th August our towels were not changed in 5 days in day 4 we purchased a bath towel just to have a shower had to put slippers on to go into the bathroom as the floor was filthy the food was the worst I’ve ever experienced total chaos never again would I travel with daisches

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I agree that the issues encountered are not acceptable, and it is so disappointing to hear that the hotel was not up to our usual high standards during your stay.

I would like to reassure you that we are making every effort, in all areas to ensure that these issues are resolved. The team are determined to turn things around and ensure that improvements are made across the board.

I apologise that this holiday was not to your liking, and hope you however did enjoy Llandudno and the surrounding area.

Reviewed 8 August 2021

We stayed here for four nights and after looking at the photos beforehand I thought we were going to be in a nice hotel! Arrived to total chaos, the rooms weren't ready till 4pm so we had to wander about for a few hours. The under manager had a do you know who I am attitude so if you had any complaints that was just too bad! The room we were allocated had a view of the wall with barbed wire going along the top, a bit prisoner cell block H!! The room was OK till we went and looked at the bathroom, the sink was tiny!! We couldn't wash or clean our teeth without getting water all over the floor or banging our heads on the silly little shelf above it. Not sure what the point was of the big soap dispenser and toilet roll holder as they took up a lot of room. The breakfasts were OK but the evening meals were hit and miss, if you like still frozen lemon meringue and rubbery jelly then you'll be OK here. The meal times could have been staggered so that not everyone was crammed into the dining rooms all at the same time, the noise was horrendous and the servers didn't know whether they were coming or going!! Our room never got cleaned, just the bed made and that was it, don't know when the window was last cleaned and we had a manky net curtain hanging presumably that was to either hide the dirty window or the view of the wall, or both! I nearly started doing a four in a bed inspection when I found some hairs dotted about, don't think we'll be coming here again especially as we went to a four star down the road for coffee and discovered how much nicer it was and cheaper.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maria Green, Guest Services / Front Office at Somerset Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

I'm sorry to hear that you have had cause to complain following your recent holiday.

I hope that you will consider booking with us again

Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Went on a 5 day coach holiday to the Somerset Hotel. Ready for my holiday as I had been isolating for 18months because of my health. First evening, we were put on a table for 8, the other 6 people were from different coaches, and the back of my chair was 3 inches away from the gentleman on the next table. Asked to speak to the manager, she said if you are prepared to come on a coach with other people there shouldn't be a problem. I spoke to the assistant manager about social distancing, he said we don't do what the government says, we do what daishs tells us to do. Sometimes the food was cold, they ran out of food so you didn't get what you ordered, one day we waited 55minutes for breakfast.
Management were the main problem.
The hotel was very tired and needs updating.
Will never go there again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am sorry to hear that you have had cause to complain following your recent holiday.

I hope that you will re consider booking with us again

Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Hotel was good.
Staff in restaurant excellent
Room basic but clean
Handbasin in bedroom not acceptable

Food was ok for breakfast
But evening meals not good
Smoked haddock had bones in i had to just order salad for two evenings just to eat somthink
Chilli con carne last evening but was more green peppers than meat.
Change the chef.
Sorry for bad feedback but wished i had complained while i was there.

I hope that you will consider booking with us again