US$51
Novotel Ipswich(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$69
  • Restaurant
Bentley Tower Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$73
Innocence Rooms West(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$81
US$95
US$79
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

US$84
US$76
US$52
US$67
Travelodge Ipswich Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
    All reviewslondon roadswimming poolhealth clubpark and ridenice poolsteam room and saunabit datedreception staffplenty of parkingleisure facilitiesbar areaan upgraderoom was clean and comfortablewould stay againwalk in showertea and coffeestayed for one night
    Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for just one night. Room was okay, comfortable bed and clean by room was a long tell from reception. Good breakfast and plenty of parking. Primary problem was location wirh zip nearby without going into town and limited facilities onsite just basic bar a TV. Expected a little bit more given the isolated loxation, maybe a simple games room perhaps. All that said it was fair values but next time I'll likely go somewhere else...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
    IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hello Clive C,

Thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; we value feedback of all varieties. I am thrilled to hear that our comfortable beds and clean rooms contributed in making your experience comfortable and memorable. On the other hand, I'm sorry that our location was not to your liking. I have made the hotel management aware of your concerns and I am confident that they will take every action possible to ensure these issues are internally addressed and resolved. Again, thank you for your loyalty and we're looking forward to welcoming you back once again very soon.

Krysllin G
    Case Manager
    IHGService

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I was disappointed to be given a room on the ground floor next to the car park after requesting a quiet room but it wasn't too bad. The pool & spa are lovely but the changing rooms need a serious upgrade - the showers are awful and there are no cleansing creams or conditioners available. However, the dinner was superb! We both chose the steak and were given far more food than we could eat. The wine list is very good.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
    General Manager H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear Jane M
    Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were allocated a ground floor room and I will pass this on to my Front office Manager. We are hopefully going to get a changing room refurbishment next year . I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal .

Once again thankyou for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again to the Hotel.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We booked the dinner & bed and breakfast deal and was very impressed!

On arrival there was a slight cleanliness problem with our first room and we was moved to another room straight away which was of a good size and clean. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

Dinner was chosen off a set menu with lots of choice and very nice, me and my partner were very impressed considering it was off a set menu and part of a deal. Bar area was very chilled with a good selection of drinks, if you are a gin lover like myself there is a good selection on offer.

Hotel was very quiet overnight considering it was a Saturday too.

Breakfast was lovely and had everything you would expect, staff very attentive and friendly.

Me and my partner will definitely be back again in the future and we will make the most of the leisure facilities next time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
    General Manager H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Rachel C

Thank you for your review and lovely comments . I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and felt he staff throughout the Hotel were friendly and attentive. I am sorry there was a slight cleanliness problem with your initial room however delighted the team could resolve the problem .
    Yes next time you are back please bring your costumes so you can use the leisure facilities.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

The receptionist Paula was a breath of fresh air, could not do enough for us, made the visit one of the best ever, rooms comfortable and clean, meals more than adequate, great location, will be staying again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Happas

Thank you for the lovely review and great feedback regarding the team especially Paula .
    Cant wait to welcome you back , see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We were looking forward to staying here for a relaxing evening after a long day's travelling but regretfully our stay turned out to be a bit of a disappointment.

The greeting at reception was very friendly and welcoming. Good start! It all started to go downhill after that. The first room we were shown to was very noisy from the children's playground so we asked for another room which was given without quibble. The new room was very comfortable although the bathroom was one of the smallest we have ever had. Nevertheless accommodation itself was fine.

It was when we came down for dinner that things really went downhill. The restaurant itself seemed pleasant enough but shortcomings soon started to appear. There was a wedding being held at the hotel and the wedding hall was right next to the restaurant with no door separating the two venues other than a door to the wedding hall itself which, as you can imagine, was being frequently opened and closed. In addition, the route to the children's playground was through the restaurant so a constant stream of loud and excited children paraded back and forth to the playground and running around the restaurant followed by very bemused and embarrassed parents and wedding-goers. It was like having dinner in a children's canteen. Please don't think we dislike children, we have 4 grandchildren and know well how noisy and boisterous they can be when excited but it did somewhat ruin the overall ambience of what we had hoped to be a quiet dinner.

The main issue aside from the wedding sideshow, was the quality of the food served. We ordered a prawn rice dish which sounded nice in the description but which when served resembled some leftover rice heavily salted and peppered with a handful of the smallest prawns you have ever seen. It was like a sub-standard nasi goreng without the fried egg and chicken sate. We also had a 'creamy cajun spaghetti' which had no cream in it all and was a greasy plate of flavoured pasta with a few cubes of chicken thrown in. It was quite honestly the worst meal we have ever had anywhere and we have eaten throughout the world in many hotels! To add insult to injury they have have the temerity to charge over £9 for a glass, yes a glass, of average wine!

The waiting staff in the restaurant were very embarrassed by the debacle with the food and ambience that they took our main courses off the bill. It was a kind gesture but we would have really just preferred to have a decent meal in nice surroundings. Suffice to say we decided not to have breakfast in the hotel the next day and went to a nearby Costa for a decent coffee and breakfast at half the price.

It's shame as I'm a big supporter of IHG hotels and generally have a good experience but this hotel really lets the side down badly. Never again.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else!
    • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Happytiler
    General Manager H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ipswich, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Happytiler

Thank you for your review and the feedback you have left . I am really sorry that your stay was not satisfactory and that your evening in the restaurant was disturbed by the wedding in house. This should have been explained to you when you checked in to give you the option to dine with us . Unfortunately the room where the wedding was being held is the only room we can accommodate a wedding of this size . I have however issued a new procedure that states the play area is not accessible through the restaurant after 6.30pm which is when the restaurant opens.

I have passed on your comments to my Head Chef regarding your meal and retraining will occur with the team . Although we could not resolve the problem with the noise I am glad to read my team did not charge you for your meal.

We thrive on the exceptional service and food we deliver and your feedback will only help us improve this . Once again I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

Once again thank you for your review and your feedback.