Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$44
Destinia.comUS$55
Trip.com
StayForLong
All reviews travel lodge duke street excellent location car park room was clean comfortable stay family room budget hotel bars and restaurants excellent value for money easy access stayed for nights tea and coffee evening meal marina estelle reception
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2021

Very good location with easy access for working in the town. Across the road from the Marina which was nice for an early morning walk. There is a Tesco and local convenience store within walking distance. Shame though about the staff. Certainly not the friendliest we've encountered. When we checked in the two reception staff were having a conversation between themselves and took ages to even acknowledge us. It felt like we were an inconvenience. Stayed there for two days and when I went out in the morning it seemed like it was a forced smile back when I said hello to them. There was one lady behind the desk when I checked out who was very pleasant though. The room itself is basic but clean. I wouldn't pay more than £40 a night though.

Date of stay: April 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank TheTravelingBluenose
Reviewed 31 March 2021

I have been staying at the travelodge here for the last year whilst working on a site. The hotel is always very clean and the staff are so friendly. The location is beautiful with plenty of places to eat and walk nearby.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 19 January 2021

Stayed at the travelodge for work purposes. No leisure stays being taken . And found it clean and comfortable. I had an issue first night of 3 with what I thought was plumbing noise which disturbed my sleep.
However, when I went to the night reception at 2am to see what might be done, Sharon was just so nice and helpful, although nothing could be sorted until a room was ava8( makes sense), no problem. Upon returning to the hotel next day , David had sorted a nice room a few down the corridor from the original and I slept so well. Even on what I thought was my last day, my employer had paid for an extra night so I was able to rest during the day. David came out with the room key to allow me to use the room. Such a nice gesture.
My point is , for whatever the room rate is, and this was cheap, you could be forgiven, cheap rate cheap service. I need to tell you that the staff at Duke street , esp Sharon and David were 5 star. Couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating.
As it turns out, the room itself was clean, and tidy, tea and coffee adequate,more on request, hair dryer available and shower good . Altogether a nice experience made nicer by the people who work there.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 4 December 2020 via mobile

Another good stay at a Travelodge.

My room was clean and tidy and was well equipped.

The staff were friendly and polite and have dealt with Covid rules very well.

The parking at the hotel is a bit tight if you have a big van (which I did).

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank mikey_P7
Reviewed 29 October 2020

Few things to moan about.

Dust everywhere.

No soap in despenser in bathroom in the pandemic. even though there is a poster in the room saying wash hand regularly

Travel cot was diabolical. Didn't even use it. Yuk.

Bed really uncomfortable

Defo won't recommend or come back.

Date of stay: October 2020