“Very happy with our visit!”
Review of Mr Wing

Mr Wing
Ranked #52 of 461 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I have only been once, but the food on the day was great! Hot, tasty, food, good portions and friendly staff. I rated it 4 because I personally think there's better Chinese cook-to-order buffets in Ipswich. Then again, I know a few people who think Mr Wing IS the best in Ipswich. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Having not been here for many years my daughters booked this restaurant as a birthday surprise for their grandmother followed by a visit to The Regent next door. I joined them and having the 5.30pm sitting we had two hours for a meal - plenty of time you would think. Having ordered starters these turned up in good time and were quite filling and tasty. We then ordered our main courses and this is where everything went wrong. By 7.15pm we still had no food and the show next door started at 7.30pm. My daughter asked the waiter where our food was and explained that they had a show to get to in 15 minutes - he replied that he didn't cook the food!!! Our dinner then arrived but sadly was a poor effort, the chicken chow mein was cold and the noodles still raw. Not really having time to eat my mother and daughters left for the show whilst I settled the bill. The waiter came to take payment and asked if everything was ok and when I said no and explained why he shrugged his shoulders and said they were busy on Saturday nights. No offer to reducd the bill and no apology. Had this been my only recent visit I would have given this restaurant zero out of five and would never have returned. However, a colleague was leaving work and this was her choice of leaving venue. I was loathe to return and give this place more of my hard earned money but the second visit only 6 days later was better. The service was sleeker as my work colleagues knew to let the staff bring a selection of starters followed by duck pancakes followed by main course selection - this was ordered at the start of the evening so dish after dish followed. Also because we were not on a time limit we also had a choice of banana fritters or ice cream at the end of the meal - who knew!!! So my advice is if you are going to a show or are time limited do not choose this restaurant but if you have plenty of time then go. The food is ok but plentiful if you let them bring you a selection but I still prefer the quality of Trongs and the polite and kind service you receive there. My advice to Mr Wing is to vet your staff better as they are letting you down and to speed up service so no one waits and hour and forty five minutes for a main course they have to leave. I won't return or recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank lisa4040
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Very good Chinese restaurant food very good great menu very wide choice to choose from. Service and staff first class.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We decided to go to Mr Wing to celebrate a birthday and as there aren’t any decent Chinese sit down restaurants in Bury St Edmunds we decided to come here
I last came to Mr Wing nearly 5 years ago and had a fantastic meal then so I was a little concerned that it would live up to my expectations
How wrong was I the food was great and really good value for money and there was so much
The staff were great and gave excellent advice and even told us we hadn’t ordered enough food, to which I said you choose and the pork dish they served up was great. Although the place was busy the staff were very attentive and really looked after us

Loved it and will return

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Been here three times now, once with friends and all agree how wonderful the food tastes. Booked a local hotel last time to make the evening more pleasant and relaxing. Great eats pre going into The Regent next door as they open early.

1  Thank Paul_Jilly