“Lovely Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #41 of 293 Restaurants in Darlington
Price range: US$9 - US$33
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oven Restaurant is a busy, local, neighbourhood restaurant on the outskirts of Darlington town centre, close to the west end. Oven Restaurant is a bustling and vibrant restaurant that serves fabulous food. It's express and pre theatre menu is unrivalled, the food is just so good- 1 course for £7.95, 2 Courses £9.95, 3 Courses £11.95 From12-2 .30 Pm/ 5-7 pm Tuesday - Friday.. Oven Restaurant has a great a la carte menu which is available every day for lunch and dinner- prices range from just £12.50- £21.50 And is really worth a try. Sunday lunch is quite a special affair- the restaurant is open 12-4 pm on a Sunday and Sunday lunch is amazing- £9.95 For roast topside of beef with all the trimmings. Sunday lunch is also available to takeaway There is a large room upstairs that can hold roughly 40 people for private hire or for a private party. Oven restaurant caters for businesses and families alike and always has an eclectic mix of people eating. Whether you want to visit for an intimate meal or a professional meeting you can trust Oven Restaurant to look after all your needs.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited this restaurant for Sunday Lunch with family. The restaurant is cosy and nice/clean inside. The staff were also very good and seemed happy and generally helpful.

Couldn't fault the Sunday lunch and I would recommend it to anybody nearby.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Having just arrived in the area, we weren’t expecting to eat out but were persuaded to go to dinner. Service for the group was excellent and the food pretty good although they did mix up the orders. Overall good value

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Second visit to Oven Restaurant & we will be returning very soon. What a fabulous place to spend an evening. 3 courses on a Saturday night for £15.95 & a choice of 35 main dishes to choose from, I had home made soup to start, whilst the rest of our party had tiger prawns with garlic mayo & a black pudding starter. As for main courses there is everything you can possibly wish for, from meat, pasta fish vegetarian. The chips were delicious, just perfect nice & chunky with a crispy outside. Deserts again choice of 10. Service was first class & attentive without being obtrusive. Ambience of restaurant is good & on a cold night the place was nice and warm. It was so nice to enjoy the evening without being blasted by air conditioning as happens in other restaurants I’ve been in recently. We all thoroughly enjoyed our evening, drinks reasonably priced which made the whole evening affordable. We will be back very soon.

2  Thank darlogal44
Reviewed 28 March 2018

My wife and I visited The Oven today for the first time in a few years, we were greeted at the door by a young waiter called Cameron who gave us a very warm welcome and sat us down. We knew the restaurant had changed ownership so wanted to give it another go.

I noticed straight away there was a wider variety of food on the menu than previously, I went for the black pudding starter while my wife had garlic mushrooms, the black pudding was delicious while my wife said the mushrooms were tasty.

Great start so far, onto the mains.. I went for the seafood pasta while my wife went for the tiger prawn main course. The pasta had a delicious sauce and had both large tiger prawns and smaller baby prawns, if I had to criticise this dish it would be that there were only prawns and no other fish, in a 'seafood' pasta. My wife enjoyed her too with it being just the right size to fill us both up.

We had no room left for dessert but wish we could have tried them out.

I have to say Cameron is a genuine asset to this restaurant, nothing was ever too much bother for him, and he always had a wonderful smile on his face while engaging with light conversation with us. Made the whole experience delightful.

Overall I was highly pleased with our visit and look forward to returning.

2  Thank John91682
Reviewed 18 March 2018

First visit to the Oven on a lunchtime. We'll certainly be returning! Ample portions cooked to perfection, best belly pork ever! Lovely atmosphere and impeccable, attentive service.