“Family birthday meal”

Ranked #152 of 453 Restaurants in Wakefield
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We came as a family of 9 and were sat in the louder kids area, usually each visit before we’ve been at the other side which we much preferred. My meal was great and portion sizes are very generous. Two of our party got a carvery and while been very nice only one lady was serving and there was a very big line. By the time they got back with their meal we had almost finished ours. Prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Liam L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We were looking forward to breakfast at this restaurant with some friends who had been many times before. What a disappointment. On arrival we were told the pricing had been changed and they were trying some new charges. Not a problem as long as the food was as good as before. That was where the problems started. Had to lay aside five plates before we found four that were clean and dry. Plates were barely warm and most of the food needed replenishing. Only one egg left and no one nearby to ask for some more. Beans tomatoes bacon and black pudding all cold and the one egg tasted was cold and like rubber. Our friends were embarrassed and couldn't apologise enough Not their fault something has gone seriously wrong at this restaurant. Sorry won't be returning to Silkwood.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Located just off JCT 40 off the M1 this place is super accessible and plenty of parking.

We ordered two ultimate carverys, a standard carvery, and a mac stack burger. The meat given at the time was amazing, I asked for beef personally and practically received a steak. The portions were fantastic and the quality outstanding. The staff were friendly, funny and very personable.

I think I've just found my new favourite place to eat. I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I haven't returned here for about 2 years despite living about two minutes away, last time I visited it was pretty bad, this was the same, my friends meat breakfast was (apparently) great, he enjoyed it.

I did not enjoy the frankly awful veggie sausages, the majority of the rest of the breakfast was nice excluding the rubbery mushrooms and it is well priced but if you are looking for quality, it is not here.

I have to say the staff were pleasant and it wasn't busy, they need an extra toaster (I didn't bother due to the silly queue for the one toaster).

Sadly this is yet another example, again, of restaurants forgoing vegetarian quality in favour of their meat choices

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The Carvery is always a favourite, and very popular so although busy, I really don't mind as it's definitely worth the wait. The staff are all extremely pleasant without being over friendly. Our waitress was Skye, and was very professional and extremely helpful without being intrusive.