US$83
  • Restaurant
US$126
US$105
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$295
Pitchup.com
Aginhills Farmhouse(Taunton)(Great Value!)
US$90
TripAdvisor
All reviewsguest houseclose to town centrekettle with tea coffeecricket matchvivary parkone nightlast minute bookingcentral tauntoncomfortable bedstayed nightsfriendly hostscar parkingtwin roomshort stayfree wifithe ground floortesco
Reviewed 29 January 2015

Stayed in November for 2 nights,to attend a family funeral,friendly warm welcome from the young couple that run this great value b and b,very comfortable room, good location for the town,and local amenities fantastic freshly cooked breakfast, that was served with a smile would highly recommend a stay at the lowdens house guesthouse taunton

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2014

I was really surprised to see how expensive accommodation is in central Taunton. Nothing under £50 per night for single occupancy, and plenty over. Way over even. However I chanced upon Lowdens House on the Net, and they bucked this trend. £45 including breakfast, with £40 without breakfast being a nice option. Having said that I would recommend that you don't miss their breakfast. The variety offered is tremendous, including Eggs Benedict! I settled for the full English, which was delicious if perhaps a little on the greasy side. Very attractive fresh fruit was available also, for those minded to eat such things for breakfast.

The room was a little dated in terms of decor to say the least, but it was spotlessly clean and had everything you needed: tea/coffee, TV, en-suite facilities (which were spotless) and free Wi-Fi. The bathroom was a little quirky. The loo and shower were inside the bathroom, but the sink was outside in the bedroom, between the bathroom and the bed! No matter.

The lady who dealt with us throughout was polite, friendly and very helpful. We arrived at 10.30, well ahead of check-in, but as our rooms were available we were allowed in to our accommodation immediately with no fuss. Overall close to perfect really.

There are only 2 parking spaces, and if these were occupied I am not sure what we would have done as there was no obvious on-street parking nearby. Having said that the proprietors would doubtless have given us good advice for this, as they did for anything else I asked for.

Be aware that if you cancel less than 72 hours ahead of your stay you will be charged in full, which is quite draconian by today's standards in my experience. This is clearly stated by the owners, so no complaints - just be aware.

In summary:

+ polite attentive staff
+ sensible approach to customer service at all times
+ comfortable and clean rooms and en-suite facilities
+ good breakfast - especially the choice available

- not a lot really, not much parking space it seems but that wasn't a problem for us

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
UkJ_b, Owner at Lowdens House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Thanks for your review - I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay.

In case you ever return to Taunton and wish to stay again, I wanted to let you know that as well as the two spaces at the front we also have a car park behind the guest house, for our guests' use. So don't worry - there will always be plenty of space for you to park!

Reviewed 14 October 2014

Excellent value (one of the least expensive in Taunton) & suited us perfectly. We arrived by bus and this place is an easy under-10-minute walk from the station by paved footpath (found it on map), dragging luggage. We had a twin room, not huge but adequate, with chair, small flatscreen TV, free wifi, lots of sockets for your chargers, and coffee/tea/choc bars provided. Ensuite bathroom was also small but very clean and good hot water. Breakfast was a real treat - big selection, tasty, with provision for gluten and dairy free if you need it (I did). Good location - easy walking distance to town center & shops. It's also just across the street from a big Tesco which has a cafe, or you can just buy sandwiches. Our room faced the back and I was surprised at how quiet it was for such a busy corner - no trouble sleeping. The owners were the best - both friendly and helpful. We've stayed here twice now, and I would certainly go back any time.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2014

I stayed at Lowdens house for 7 days and the hosts were very accommodating, nothing was too much trouble for them to help me. the room was very clean and plenty of space
the breakfast was first class ,
I was there to visit family and friends , I was a bit concerned about the en-suite as I am a big woman but it was fine .
I didn't need parking , but plenty of parking space , a bonus with Tesco around the corner I am hoping to go back later next year and that is where Ihope to stay.
Mr & Mrs Boyd are very nice people and run a good friendly place, my friends came to help me to the bus station and said they will tell their friends about Loudens house

Room Tip: no noise at the back of the house
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Diane B
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Easy walking distance to town centre and cricket ground. Typical B & B, not luxurious but clean, functional and very helpful staff. Good breakfast. Road at front quite busy so if you are a light sleeper or not used to any noise you may want to request room at the back. Easy parking.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple