“Great Carvery and Great Breakfast”

Toby Carvery Streetly
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Streetly. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Sutton Coldfield’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 21 May 2017

This is a quite a spacious establishment but could be busy at times. When we walked in for dinner we were advised that it would take a few minutes to seat us as there was a feeding frenzy going on. It was suggested that we might get a drink and sit in the bar for a while. We did that and when the frenzy subsided we were seated at a table.
The food itself was great with a choice of beef, gammon etc with great Yorkshire puddings and the usual accompaniments.
The waitress took our drink orders and generally was very attentive.
The place was clean, comfortable and relaxing except for some children tearing around (not the fault of the hotel!)
The bar staff are very attentive and try their best to serve you quickly.
The building itself is quite large and the exterior quite interesting.
The only downside was the patio are was littered with cigarette ends and a few flowers in the garden would have cheered up the gardens.
We enjoyed our dinner here and returned the next morning for a great British breakfast. The prices are reasonable.
Highly recommended!

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Streetly, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Gyanfernando, thank you so much for the positive review! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Inexpensive fresh food, great service, pleasant surroundings, staff very attentive by far the best carvery in the area

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Streetly, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Hi Steve M, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Toby Carvery Streetly. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I needed a close venue as my father was freshly out of hospital, I was able to book a table and was placed close to the carvery area so my father didn't have far to walk. The food was varied and tasty and our waitress was exceptional, for signing up for offers, we received free sweets which were really appetising, the ice cream was not out of a tub as you get in some places. I can say with conviction that this was a memorable evening out and we all enjoyed our visit and will visit again soon

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Streetly, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Hello Elaine C, thank you; we appreciate your feedback! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

Reviewed 28 April 2017

We had a meal here with a 20% off voucher. The food was nice you can't really go that wrong with a roast but I was a little annoyed when we came in to be left standing waiting to be acknowledged at the front desk. There were 3 people behind the bar that could see us an another waitress walked right past us with her head down not even a hello. I don't mind waiting if a place is busy but please acknowledge me that's all it takes. In the end I shouted 'shall we sit anywhere we want' and someone soon came over, I could tell they were a bit annoyed with me but I think I was very reasonable. We could see this went on all the time we were there so it wasn't just me but that doesn't make it any better.

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Streetly, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we apologise for the poor service you received on your resent visit. We appreciate you bringing this experience to our attention.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We went with a group. The service was excellent and the food was probably the best I have tasted at a Toby.

Jane S, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Toby Carvery Streetly! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!