The Oak Room Restaurant at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The 2 AA Rosette Oak Room restaurant offers the perfect combination of delicious food and friendly attentive service. By day it has sweeping views across Moor Hall golf course, by night there is a cosy and intimate atmosphere, making it perfect for a relaxed evening out or a special celebration. In the Oak Room, the Head Chef uses only the best of fresh, local and seasonal ingredients to create modern British dishes that are cooked with imagination and served with style and the menu is complemented by a great selection of fine wines.
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Tried goats cheese starter, fantastic, beautifully served. Lemon sole to die for. Pudding was devine.

Angela B, Owner at The Oak Room Restaurant at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our award winning Oak Room restaurant. I am delighted that you enjoyed a delicious three-course meal, beautifully served; our talented team very much appreciates your wonderful feedback. Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon for another memorable fine dining experience.

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

As part of the deal given by the hotel we had the evening meal in the very lovely oak restaurant.
The full cost of the 3 course meal was never going to be met by the offer especially when taking in a bottle of a very nice wine however I would have been happy to have paid full price for the experience alone.
The restaurant manager working during the last bank holiday was very charming and knew his menu back to front.
My starter of scallops were exquisite and everything that followed on from that were presented were very definitely AA standard.

The achievement of a two AA Rosette Award recognises high standards, consistency and precision, serving food prepared with care and with evident selection of fresh, seasonal, quality ingredients.

I am delighted your starter of scallops was superb, and the dishes to follow accompanied by fantastic service, certainly made for a wonderful fine dining experience.

Your fantastic review is really appreciated by our dedicated team, and we hope that you will choose to return to our award winning Oak Room restaurant very soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I stayed in the hotel on Friday 19 August, part of the deal was dinner in the Country Kitchen restaurant, unfortunately the food was disappointing, tasteless and bland!!

Angela B, Owner at The Oak Room Restaurant at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

As a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence winner, we take great care to ensure that our food is of the highest standard, and receive a great number of positive reviews from our guests. I am therefore very disappointed to learn that dinner in the Country Kitchen failed to meet your expectations on this occasion, and I hope that you will accept my sincere apologies. I do hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa.

It is always our policy to encourage feedback from our guests, as this helps us identify areas for improvement, and your comments have been passed to Chef, and will be used as a base for additional training for his team.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

From the moment we arrived this was truly an amazing experience, we were met by Pedro who was fantastic to us and recommended due to the fact that it was such a beautiful evening that we have an aperitif outside on the terrace. We went through to the bar and were greeted by Karl who was also very helpful and friendly.
The food was truly worthy of the 2 rosettes that they have earned and I can't recommend it enough. Although as I have already said what made the whole experience all the more special was Pedro in the restaurant and Karl in the bar.

WOW. I am delighted that your dining experience was truly amazing and the weather was in your favour, and you enjoyed your apéritiff outside on the terrace.

We are very proud of our team and the wonderful service they provide, and your kind comments are really appreciated. We source much of our fresh produce locally, and our guests tell us that they can really taste the difference.

I do hope that it wont be too long until you visit our fine dining Oak Room restaurant again.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We visited this restaurant having obtained a voucher from Travelzoo for a 3 course meal. I had the ham hock terrine as a starter which was served with just a small amount of mayonnaise and nothing else. My wife and I both selected the duck main which was awful, the duck was overcooked resulting in it being tough and dry. It was served covered with a bitter balsamic reduction which did nothing to improve the dish, a vegetable side was extra. My wife chose the cheesecake for dessert which did not resemble cheesecake and which she described as being very sickly. A customer on an adjacent table had the rack of lamb which appeared to be just as overcooked as the duck.

Angela B, Owner at The Oak Room Restaurant at Moor Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

I am very disappointed to read that your dining experience failed to meet your expectations, and I do hope you will accept my sincere apologies.

It is always our policy to encourage feedback from our guests as this allows us to identify staff training needs and improve our service for the future. I am therefore grateful for all your comments, which have been discussed with our Head Chef, and further staff training has been arranged to ensure improvements are made where necessary.

We receive many fantastic reviews regarding our award winning Oak Room restaurant, and hope that you will give us the opportunity to restore your faith when you are next available to visit.