“Historic building, bog standard food”
Review of The Three Tuns

The Three Tuns
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely old coaching inn, serving a nice pint of Thwaite's ale. However the food is nothing special at all. The chicken pie was more like soup with a puff pastry crust and the special chicken dish was really sweet. Enjoy your pint but eat elsewhere.

Sidney B, Owner at The Three Tuns, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hi - Glad you enjoyed one of our ales, and sorry you didn't like the food you had. We are an independent pub, and work hard on keeping our ales in good condition, and serving up fresh, homemade food. We appreciate any feedback, positive and negative, however I take issue with your last statement, where you advise people to eat elsewhere. I have made a note of your comments, as we always strive to improve our offerings.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Great pub. Really friendly staff and well kept beer. The DJ on Friday was awesome .... Highly recommended for a great night out ❤️

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The Three Tuns in Sutton Coldfield is one pub I have always enjoyed visiting with its unusual character like an arcade of rooms connected together. I believe it is the oldest public house in Sutton Coldfield dating back to the 16th century.

The atmosphere is different as it has a different layout and meals are provided throughout the day as well, so whether it is just a drink or a meal you can be sure of getting something worthwhile at The Three Tuns.

The landlord and staff as well as the customers all seemed friendly and there is a variety of drinks to choose from.

Normally I only visit during the day as I pass on my travels and it is relatively quiet with a few customers in, but I have every intention of visiting it one evening to get a feel of what it is like when there is a pub quiz or entertainment on.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We arranged to have a Birthday meet up with our Daughter at the Three Tuns conveniently located by the Rail Station at Sutton Coldfield and to our Daughters works very nearby.
My partner and I thought we would try the steak and our Daughter the Chicken sandwich, got the Birthday presents out and waited for our meals.
Well we were not disappointed the steaks were excellent, cooked to perfection and very reasonably priced at just over £10 for a 10 oz Rump. Only one tiny preference is that I would have served them with petis pois and not garden peas, like the chips with the skins on was different to ordinary chip- well done,Our Daughter said her meal was lovely too. We had coffees, coke and I had a nice glass of Kingston press - so nice to have decent cider on the bar.
This pub is what I would describe as a traditional tavern with cobbled flooring and appears to be steeped in history. I wouldn't change it it's a great pub.
Barman was chatty and service was very good.
Would we go back again?
Well that's a BIG YES from us.

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch on Sunday. I had steak and ale pie which is homemade and is full of slow cooked beef. Accompanned by chips and veg it was without doubt the best piemail I have tasted. Great range of ales too and lovely listed building