“A good meal at a reasonable price!”
Review of Saffron Lounge - CLOSED

Saffron Lounge
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2015

We went with friends for a meal on Sunday evening. We were the only diners in the restaurant so had good service from the one member of staff. The meal is a set price, i think under £10 for a Sunday. For this you have a starter, main course, rice or nan and a side dish. The drinks are a little expensive but they have to make their money some how! I had Chicken tikka starter followed by Chicken Sashlic and rice with a sag aloo washed down with copious amounts of Cobra . We were all in agreement that the meal was good but fell short of excellent and a reasonable price. My only criticism would be the upstairs walk to the toilets which was a bit drab and the toilets themselves were in need of clean and air freshener.

Reviewed 23 March 2015

Stopped off here for lunch on Mothers Day. There was one waiter on but he was doing his best. I think he may have been working up a "sweat" if you know what i mean. The starters were quite nice, but the thai mains were just awful (I'm sorry to say). Ive never seen chicken so green in a green thai curry, I doubt the green colouring would have washed off. My sweet and sour chicken wasn't very nice either and I left most of it. The pad thai was quite rubbery. The waiter didn't ask us how our meal was or I would have told him but given that its quite a small restaurant I didnt want to cause embarrassment so we paid and left. Perhaps we caught the restaurant on a bad day, however given that we don't live in Stamford we won't have the chance to sample again. Also there were several other guests in there with babies/toddlers who had to stay in their pushchairs at the table as no high chairs in the restaurant, may be worth having some in the future or taking a portable one with you if you dine in.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

had a great meal at saffron lounge, thought that it would be self service but everything was brought to table. Staff very obliging, food very well presented. great variety, great price. Excellent setting. House wine very good and reasonable price. Can't wait to go again.

2  Thank EnglandMarylou
Reviewed 29 January 2015

Just been to the saffron lounge for a meal. Indian for me and Thai for my husband. The food is always excellant and very tasting. The staff are very friendly and obliging. The menu is varied and price very reasonable. Quality of food has always been consistent - i can recommend this restuarant to sanyone - by far the best indian food in Stamford. Give it a try you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank 36hamilton
Reviewed 8 January 2015

One of the best Thai and Indian in Stamford. Great good and good service. Love the zaffrani king prawns and the sticky rice. Deffinty coming back

4  Thank sam h