“Awful”

Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2015

So wanted this to be good but it just wasn't and with no redeeming features! Eaten at the Saffron Lounge once before & it was ok alwAys heard good things when it was at its previous location. Booked for 9 people on a Saturday at 20:00 and we were sat out in a freezing lean to area with no heating and forgotten about for 30mins. Got drinks from a very surly waiter, horrible flat coke for the non drinkers changed to horrible flat lemonade! Starters ordered the Thai mixed starter was abysmal The luke warm mains came, oh dear! Out of 9 main dishes only the lamb dish was any good the rest were bland and not appetising! I've never had prawn toast with no prawns??? The chicken dishes were all awful the meat was just not nice! We paid extra for prawn dishes but again they were tasteless, cold and nobody wanted to finish them. We asked for some heating on but were told no as the whole building would need to go on, they did bring us a heater, when we asked for it to be placed at the end of the table the waiter said 'do you think I'm going to stand here & hold it?!' We didn't see the waiter again so no drinks, no other food & then at the end they did appear, no coffee or desserts offered only the bill. The team were not welcoming, not interested & didn't even say goodbye so absolutely no redeeming features at all we certainly won't be hurrying back.

2  Thank Fanula100

Reviewed 1 April 2015 via mobile

Good food, good service, good price! 4 leeds lads working in Stamford and would definately return for this delicious food.

1  Thank orien17
Reviewed 26 March 2015

We went with friends for a meal on Sunday evening. We were the only diners in the restaurant so had good service from the one member of staff. The meal is a set price, i think under £10 for a Sunday. For this you have a starter, main course, rice or nan and a side dish. The drinks are a little expensive but they have to make their money some how! I had Chicken tikka starter followed by Chicken Sashlic and rice with a sag aloo washed down with copious amounts of Cobra . We were all in agreement that the meal was good but fell short of excellent and a reasonable price. My only criticism would be the upstairs walk to the toilets which was a bit drab and the toilets themselves were in need of clean and air freshener.

Reviewed 23 March 2015

Stopped off here for lunch on Mothers Day. There was one waiter on but he was doing his best. I think he may have been working up a "sweat" if you know what i mean. The starters were quite nice, but the thai mains were just awful (I'm sorry to say). Ive never seen chicken so green in a green thai curry, I doubt the green colouring would have washed off. My sweet and sour chicken wasn't very nice either and I left most of it. The pad thai was quite rubbery. The waiter didn't ask us how our meal was or I would have told him but given that its quite a small restaurant I didnt want to cause embarrassment so we paid and left. Perhaps we caught the restaurant on a bad day, however given that we don't live in Stamford we won't have the chance to sample again. Also there were several other guests in there with babies/toddlers who had to stay in their pushchairs at the table as no high chairs in the restaurant, may be worth having some in the future or taking a portable one with you if you dine in.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

had a great meal at saffron lounge, thought that it would be self service but everything was brought to table. Staff very obliging, food very well presented. great variety, great price. Excellent setting. House wine very good and reasonable price. Can't wait to go again.

2  Thank EnglandMarylou