US$55
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$61/night.

Rockingham Arms(Rotherham)
US$68
US$64
US$62
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$46
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$57
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdual carriagewayswimming poolexecutive roomchristmas party nightleisure facilitiesleisure clubgood sizebreakfast staffbuffet styleample parkingwould stay againa great nights sleepbar areameadowhall shopping centreone night staysteam roomvery pleasant stay
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped on my way to Hull, very friendly welcome and I was given an upgrade as a spire elite member to a massive room, with 2 double beds and a sitting room area, only complaint was I could not get a really hot bath, as even on full pelt the hot was no more than warm.
I enjoyed a nice chicken salad and bowl of chips in the modern and nice looking bar area, again the the barman was particularly helpful and friendly, after a decent nights sleep I enjoyed the good selection of breakfast items in the morning, check out was quick and easy, so overall a very positive experience and I will visit again when I am up in Hull in the new year.
Free WiFi throughout

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it was great to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. I am sorry that your bath was not as hot as you would have liked, I have asked my maintenance team to check the hot water system to ensure everything is running as it should be. We look forward to seeing you again in the New Year and once again many thanks.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Christmas lunch with work colleagues, great value for money. Three course lunch with coffee £9.95 per head.
All the food was lovely, hot , and plentiful. well presented. Staff pleasant . Everyone enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere was great. Best Christmas lunch in a long time. We will return.
Thank you.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was delighted to read that you and your party all enjoyed your Christmas lunch with us and it is great to hear that you will be returning to the hotel in the future. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2018 and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

This is the first time I have ever written a trip advisor review, but I genuinely feel as a help to anyone who is thinking of staying here, please reconsider. My husband and I even looked on trip advisor before we stayed and chose to ignore the previous bad reviews and pictures thinking “it won’t be that bad, they must have improved things by now, it’s a holiday in after all”. I wish we hadn’t.
When we pulled up the the outside looks lovely and both thought all would be fine. We checked in, strolled down to our room, only to open up and see we had twin beds, when we booked double. I strolled back down to reception and explained the mix up and was shocked when the reply from a rectionist was “well you only booked a few days ago, so you get what you are given”. I was quite startled. I spoke to the duty manager who explained that they had 2 party’s on so the only double rooms left would be very noisey. His solution was to push our beds together. Well, we could do that ourselves....so ok it wasn’t an ideal situation,a little bit frustrating because this isn’t a cheap hotel, but we concluded that was a better option than a night of no sleep because of noise.
The room was quite shockingly dirty, I have to say. A lot of mould on the window frames, and looked like there was some on one of the beds. Lots of paint peeling off the bathroom cealing. Torn bedding, which made me feel quite sick about sleeping in. The walls were very dirty and marked. The bathroom was cleaned to a very low standard.
We both just couldn’t believe it, after all this is a holiday inn.
We’ve both stayed in holiday inn’s numerous times and never experienced this. It really felt run down and filthy. Please don’t ignore the pics posted on this site.
To top it all off, we purposely chose this hotel because of the spa facilities, only to find once changed and heading to the pool, a sign up saying the sauna was closed due ‘to the condition of it’.
I hate to go on, but the breakfast hash browns were awful too. They tasted re heated and stale.
It really was such a terrible experience.
The only nice thing was an extremely lovely and friendly lady looking after breakfast each morning. She was so friendly and jolly in the morning. It’s a shame all the staff couldn’t be more like her.
Anyway-this was our experience. I just thought people should know. It’s really not up to the usual holiday inn standard.

Room Tip: Ours was an end room,so all I can say is avoid that room!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am really disappointed to read your comments and I apologise that you did not have an enjoyable experience at the hotel on this occasion. We pride ourselves on providing great service, along with clean and comfortable accommodation for all of our guests and I can only apologise profusely that this was not what you experienced. Rest assured I will certainly be speaking with the relevant heads of departments to ensure the issues that you have mentioned are rectified and there is no repetition of them going forward. Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and let me know of the shortfalls of your experience, your comments and feedback will only help us to continue to improve the hotel and services that we offer.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Great hotel with good location for us as visiting a relative.

The dining room has been refurbished since we last visited.

Staff in bar very polite and friendly.
Staff in dining room very polite and friendly but did notice that member of staff when wiping tables did not remove table mats and clean underneath.

Room very clean but floor standing lamp was not working.
Room faced the road which meant a lot of road noise but that is not something you can change unless you get triple glazing.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you for posting a review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team to be very friendly and polite. I will certainly look into the issues that you have mentioned and make sure we rectify these going forward. Once again many thanks and I trust we will see you again the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I used this hotel as a stopover as i was travelling to the north and it was just what I needed. Friendly from the moment I arrived with good food, an excellent room as a good sized car park. Difficult to fault

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I was delighted to read your comments and will certainly share these with the team as comments such as yours really do mean alot to us all here at the hotel. Once again many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are passing.