Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33
US$61
US$78
US$65
HIExpress.com
Ibis Rotherham East(Rotherham)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$52
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Consort Hotel(Rotherham)
All reviewsdual carriagewayswimming poolexecutive roomchristmas party nightleisure facilitiesleisure clubgood sizebreakfast staffbuffet stylesauna and steam roomwould stay againplenty of parkingbar areameadowhall shopping centreone night stayvery pleasant stayhot food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Went for £9.99 Christmas lunch and it was amazing. 3 courses all very well made and piping hot. Excellent service. Id say its the best Christmas meal I have had in quite a few years. The service was great. Id go back in a shot.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for posting such a great review. I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your festive lunch with us and would say its the best you've had for years. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as feedback such as yours really does mean such alot to everyone here at the hotel. Once again many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2018.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

ALL-INCLUSIVE PARTY NIGHT

Attended last night with a team of 30 Children's Nursing staff.. we had a ball!
Lots of us stayed over and facilities were amazing, the pool, sauna, steam room were a brilliant way to relax before we partied the night away. Food was good and service was prompt.... one friend has recently become vegan so the meal she ordered months ago wasn't suitable anymore... staff without hesitation asked chef to cook her a Vegan friendly dish... we were all blown away. Great atmosphere.

2 drinks a time was a good idea and cocktail menu (included) went down a treat.

The ONLY downfall for me was that DJ refused to play Christmas songs until last 30minutes.... considering its a festive gig I would expect there to be more Christmas favorites.

Price of open bar, meal, room etc with facilities included was a steal! Couldnt ask for more.

Reception very helpful, super fast check-in, breakfast was tasty.

I will be returning to Holiday Inn again, beautiful hotel I will consider for for future events.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you for posting such a great review. I was delighted to read that you and your party really enjoyed the party night and all of the other facilities that the hotel has to offer. It is great to hear that you will be returning to the hotel in the future for other events and we look forward to seeing you again then. Once again many thanks and we wish you and your party a very Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped on my way to Hull, very friendly welcome and I was given an upgrade as a spire elite member to a massive room, with 2 double beds and a sitting room area, only complaint was I could not get a really hot bath, as even on full pelt the hot was no more than warm.
I enjoyed a nice chicken salad and bowl of chips in the modern and nice looking bar area, again the the barman was particularly helpful and friendly, after a decent nights sleep I enjoyed the good selection of breakfast items in the morning, check out was quick and easy, so overall a very positive experience and I will visit again when I am up in Hull in the new year.
Free WiFi throughout

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it was great to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us on this occasion and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. I am sorry that your bath was not as hot as you would have liked, I have asked my maintenance team to check the hot water system to ensure everything is running as it should be. We look forward to seeing you again in the New Year and once again many thanks.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

Christmas lunch with work colleagues, great value for money. Three course lunch with coffee £9.95 per head.
All the food was lovely, hot , and plentiful. well presented. Staff pleasant . Everyone enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere was great. Best Christmas lunch in a long time. We will return.
Thank you.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I was delighted to read that you and your party all enjoyed your Christmas lunch with us and it is great to hear that you will be returning to the hotel in the future. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2018 and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

This is the first time I have ever written a trip advisor review, but I genuinely feel as a help to anyone who is thinking of staying here, please reconsider. My husband and I even looked on trip advisor before we stayed and chose to ignore the previous bad reviews and pictures thinking “it won’t be that bad, they must have improved things by now, it’s a holiday in after all”. I wish we hadn’t.
When we pulled up the the outside looks lovely and both thought all would be fine. We checked in, strolled down to our room, only to open up and see we had twin beds, when we booked double. I strolled back down to reception and explained the mix up and was shocked when the reply from a rectionist was “well you only booked a few days ago, so you get what you are given”. I was quite startled. I spoke to the duty manager who explained that they had 2 party’s on so the only double rooms left would be very noisey. His solution was to push our beds together. Well, we could do that ourselves....so ok it wasn’t an ideal situation,a little bit frustrating because this isn’t a cheap hotel, but we concluded that was a better option than a night of no sleep because of noise.
The room was quite shockingly dirty, I have to say. A lot of mould on the window frames, and looked like there was some on one of the beds. Lots of paint peeling off the bathroom cealing. Torn bedding, which made me feel quite sick about sleeping in. The walls were very dirty and marked. The bathroom was cleaned to a very low standard.
We both just couldn’t believe it, after all this is a holiday inn.
We’ve both stayed in holiday inn’s numerous times and never experienced this. It really felt run down and filthy. Please don’t ignore the pics posted on this site.
To top it all off, we purposely chose this hotel because of the spa facilities, only to find once changed and heading to the pool, a sign up saying the sauna was closed due ‘to the condition of it’.
I hate to go on, but the breakfast hash browns were awful too. They tasted re heated and stale.
It really was such a terrible experience.
The only nice thing was an extremely lovely and friendly lady looking after breakfast each morning. She was so friendly and jolly in the morning. It’s a shame all the staff couldn’t be more like her.
Anyway-this was our experience. I just thought people should know. It’s really not up to the usual holiday inn standard.

Room Tip: Ours was an end room,so all I can say is avoid that room!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am really disappointed to read your comments and I apologise that you did not have an enjoyable experience at the hotel on this occasion. We pride ourselves on providing great service, along with clean and comfortable accommodation for all of our guests and I can only apologise profusely that this was not what you experienced. Rest assured I will certainly be speaking with the relevant heads of departments to ensure the issues that you have mentioned are rectified and there is no repetition of them going forward. Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review and let me know of the shortfalls of your experience, your comments and feedback will only help us to continue to improve the hotel and services that we offer.