“Works Do Gone Wrong ”

Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Rotherham
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

My partner attended a works do/meal here with a disco after the meal. He had a 3 course meal and had drinks from the free bar that was being supplied and had a dance with everyone at the disco too. As I was the one who was picking him up when he got in the car, he was severely ill and actually ended up vomiting twice on the way home and passing out. (Not from being too intoxicated may I add) He only drank Stella that night and not much and even if he had he likes Stella as his alcoholic beverage and is used to the taste. He isn’t allergic to anything such as foods and that night said something was slightly off and he fell extremely poorly the following two/three days and had to be off work because of it. We questioned if it had anything to do with the drinks been supplied as nobody else was ill from the food and two other people from the alcohol. He was in serious pain with his stomach and bones were aching constantly and he was extremely lethargic and sleepy.
I have heard stories before about places supplying free bars using cheap alcohol to save them cost and cause people getting drunk quicker/easier. Now I’m not throwing allegations out there but these points need to be raised as he was severely poorly and it caused a lot of stress and upset amongst family and loved ones.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank emilybbb123
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sorry to hear that your partner has been ill and I trust has now recovered. As I am sure you are aware we are very busy over the Christmas period with parties and events and have operated all inclusive party nights for over 5 years now, we have served over 9000 guests this year alone and have had no reports of any illness following any of the events. The drinks that we serve for all inclusive nights/events are all supplied from a reputable supplier which is the same supplier we use throughout the year and throughout our entire company. Whilst certain spirits may not be the more well known 'household' branded products, they are all still branded in their own right. The draught products, which as you have said is all your partner was drinking are the same products that we sell throughout the entire year in the hotel. As I said, I am sorry to hear that your partner has been ill I do hope that they are feeling better, but I do not believe this is related to the quality of the food or the drinks that we serve in the hotel. Once again thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Just been for a works Christmas party, and must congratulate holiday inn on the lovely food that was served to us, from starter, main and then dessert, it was delicious, I did leave some of the dessert but for the only reason that I was full,
Top marks I would certainly go there again very enjoyable

Stayed: January 2018
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thank you for posting such a great review and rating us 5/5. It was great to read that you had a really enjoyable evening and found the quality of the food to be excellent. Once again many thanks and I trust we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Don’t know if there is some cost cutting going on but one of the best features of the hotel is the staff. Reception as always were good but breakfast service has been changed. While the food was good there is no interaction with the staff other than providing a room number.

Used to have staff bringing coffee to the table now it’s self service. Your staff made this hotel one of the best to stay at when we visit Sheffield, you are not using that resource.

Also awoken with water coming through the bathroom ceiling and having to move rooms at 8 in the morning to another room on the same floor that smelt musty and had a damp carpet near the bathroom door so possibly a regular issue?

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am sorry to read that your most recent visit was not up to our usual high standards. Please be assured that we are not cost cutting and would never do this if it was not affect our guests experience at the hotel. I will be looking into the issues that you have mentioned you experienced during your stay and rest assured these will be addressed promptly. Once again many thanks and I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Went for £9.99 Christmas lunch and it was amazing. 3 courses all very well made and piping hot. Excellent service. Id say its the best Christmas meal I have had in quite a few years. The service was great. Id go back in a shot.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you for posting such a great review. I was delighted to read that you really enjoyed your festive lunch with us and would say its the best you've had for years. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as feedback such as yours really does mean such alot to everyone here at the hotel. Once again many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2018.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

ALL-INCLUSIVE PARTY NIGHT

Attended last night with a team of 30 Children's Nursing staff.. we had a ball!
Lots of us stayed over and facilities were amazing, the pool, sauna, steam room were a brilliant way to relax before we partied the night away. Food was good and service was prompt.... one friend has recently become vegan so the meal she ordered months ago wasn't suitable anymore... staff without hesitation asked chef to cook her a Vegan friendly dish... we were all blown away. Great atmosphere.

2 drinks a time was a good idea and cocktail menu (included) went down a treat.

The ONLY downfall for me was that DJ refused to play Christmas songs until last 30minutes.... considering its a festive gig I would expect there to be more Christmas favorites.

Price of open bar, meal, room etc with facilities included was a steal! Couldnt ask for more.

Reception very helpful, super fast check-in, breakfast was tasty.

I will be returning to Holiday Inn again, beautiful hotel I will consider for for future events.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
RichardJTodd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you for posting such a great review. I was delighted to read that you and your party really enjoyed the party night and all of the other facilities that the hotel has to offer. It is great to hear that you will be returning to the hotel in the future for other events and we look forward to seeing you again then. Once again many thanks and we wish you and your party a very Merry Christmas.

Richard Todd

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rotherham
1.9 km away
Hellaby Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hellaby
4.6 km away
Hotel ibis budget Sheffield Arena

Been to Holiday Inn Rotherham-Sheffield M1, Jct. 33? Share your experiences!