Magna Science Adventure Centre
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
An expensive couple of hours

We've not been here for years but tought thought it would be a good idea to visit outside the... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Helen M
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Repairs needed. Take your coat.

I write all this with such sadness as the last time we went we didn't want to leave. We are a... read more

Reviewed yesterday
joesmum42
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
via mobile

1,021 results
All reviews steel works fire tornado steel industry play area water pavilion packed lunch hands on activities bungee jump zip wire all ages change of clothes school trip value for money children and adults year olds kids love pavilions
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We visited Magna yesterday to celebrate my grandsons 9 th birthday, to say the place was cold is an understatement. My husband spent the whole time in the Cafe area to try and keep warm. The signage is extremely poor and lots of the interactive items don’t work. It certainly is a very very tired Centre . The shop was full of cheap items, more science related items would have been better. Parking is very limited, don’t know where people park on really busy days. On the plus side the outside play area is great. It’s not a place I would return to or recommend.

2  Thank annieanddavid76
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Wanted to come here for a while. It’s a good day out. Lots of local history and learning about steel. The different elements are great. 2 boys year 4 loved it.
Wrap up though as it’s cool inside.
Good the vouchers allow entry for a year. I was disappointed that some interactive bits didn’t work and that the gift shop didn’t have more science related things for the kids to buy. The gift shop is
Usually something I dread but was looking for some cool stuff that they just didn’t have!
But the place is good and I look forward to going back in the summer to play outside! Food was good, good options noticed the cafe is not open during the week so check!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Magna seems to attract a lot of negativity, but for our family it provided an entertaining and interesting half day. For a start the building is enormous (10000 people worked here) so there is a sense of spectacle just in the cavernous spaces, most of which are dark and extend 150 feet upwards. Air and water both have plenty of hands on exhibits with lots of opportunities to get wet and make noise. The Big Melt and fire arc offer visual excitement and a sense of what a demanding and dangerous place it must have been to work. There are loads of interactive exhibits but it is true a number are not working. The owners need to address this to get the review ratings up and ensure people are not put off visiting. They could also encourage front desk to show a bit more enthusiasm. The halls are not heated so do wear warm clothes.
It cost us about £40 for a family of 4, which is not a bad price to keep alive Britain's industrial heritage.

1  Thank SB01
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We went there with 2 young children It was absolutely freezing and dark We were shivering while walking.Poor signage and most of the equipment were not working !!
Staff were unfriendly and not bothered at all..Too expensive for what they got to offer!!Outdoor playground area was closed !!It was one of the worst day out!!!Please read it before you visit!!!

1  Thank littlemindsfashion
Reviewed 7 April 2018

If I had taken any notice of previous reviews I would never have taken the family to Magna. We would have missed a brilliant day out. We went to Magna Mayhem it was great and the place was warm. Yes it is colder in the Museum part but not freezing - it was as I would expect it to be in a 4/5 storey high old factory. Yes it is dimly lit because that is part of the experience. The outside play area is massive - something for children of all ages. I signed up for the year - which is free after the first visit - excellent value for money. Can't wait to return. I am a great advocate of "find out what a thing is like for yourself" so my advice is try it for yourself, form your own opinion and if you don't like it don't go back.