“We can't wait to come back!”

Decant Wine and Cheese Deli
Reserve a table
Sat, 12/06
20:00
Ranked #89 of 399 Restaurants in Bedford
Description: Quaint specialiast French Wine and Cheese bar in the cultural quarter of Castle Lane. A menu of French Wines, Champagne and around 19 Gins. Cheese of many different varieties from many fresh regions to suit all palettes. Book your table now
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited this sweet little deli lat summer after the first lockdown and we fell in love instantly. The staff are so friendly and really knew they're recomendations, which we trusted and everything was fabulous. The atmosphere is so relaxed and it's the perfect spot for some people watching! During lockdown we kept saying how we can't wait for them to re-open so we can go back and we are so excited to be returning in a couple of weeks!

Date of visit: August 2020
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you are looking for a nice little place where to have good wine and delicious cheese Decant is your place. Friendly and very helpful staff, cosy and relaxing atmosphere. Perfect for dinner or even just for a small glass of wine before the next stop!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 31 October 2020 via mobile

My fiancé and I made a reservation the week before our attendance; the restaurant was very busy but the manager said that he could fit us in for 1pm. The weather was pouring with rain and we were unable to find shelter whilst we waited for a member of staff to let us in...I tried ringing the phone, knocking and leaving a voicemail. However, it was not until we left and (after several attempts) rang back at approximately 2pm that the manager answered the phone. He was not apologetic, nor had he even acknowledged the reservation that was made (after contacting us to state that he could fit us in). We had paid for travel and accommodation after hearing that this place was really nice to attended but the manager was more focused on the customers walking through the door whilst talking to me over the phone - I would not even attempt to make another reservation. My fiancé and I found accommodation elsewhere to celebrate her birthday; hence, I write this hoping that you consider elsewhere before booking at this place for a special occasion.

P.S. I have never written a bad review before but I feel that this was warranted.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 10 October 2020 via mobile

Finally got to sample the delights of Decant in Bedford

A small but charming little restaurant focusing on wine with cheese and meat platters

Mark, the host, was very welcoming and informative and the price of the wine were VERY reasonable

Everything we had was great. Two bottles of wine later and some delicious cheese and meats consumed.

We will certainly be back.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank tremain1
Reviewed 12 September 2020 via mobile

Wonderful, very knowledgeable man who served us, very friendly, his selection of cheese was perfect and a very pleasant bottle of wine.
Very reasonably price for something very individual and different.
Bedford is very fortunate to have such a gem.

Date of visit: September 2020