1,831 results
All reviews afternoon tea terrace bar lotus spa overlooking the river pool and jacuzzi lovely hotel wedding reception town centre car parking sunday lunch embankment megan ouse venue treatment
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Our attendance at this hotel was paid for as a package via one of the major lorry companies as my boyfriend was a contestant in a competition.
The hotel was beautifully laid out inside and the conservatory was breathtaking. Outside the hotel was situated by the river so you could watch the rowers practice for the boating competitions.
Well worth a visit. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank clumsyarse
Dominic M, General Manager at Bedford Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Thank you for your review following a recent stay. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed the property and our fabulous location. We really apprishiate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

My girlfriend and I needed a nice, cheap hotel for a one night stay in Bedford, as we were going out with some friends for the evening. The hotel fitted the brief perfectly and upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised with the decor and overall look and feel of the place.

Room was what you would expect for the price range; nice and snug, comfy bed, clean etc. On the way to the room we discovered there was a spa, which looked very nice as well.

However, upon returning to our room after our night out and getting to sleep, we were woken up at 6:30am by numerous guests on our floor, opening and shutting their room doors / corridor fire doors, talking outside our door and going in between rooms EXTREMELY loudly. This went on for a good couple of hours, with knocking on doors and opening and shutting them constantly. I will point out now, this is obviously not the hotels fault and we could of just got very unlucky, but the doors did not seem to have any effective soft shutting mechanism to them, and were incredibly noisy in a very echoey hallway. As soon as they were let go, they would slam very loudly. Annoying and irritating to say the least at that time on a Sunday morning and we could not believe at how inconsiderate these people were.

Also to note, parking is in short supply in the hotel car park, which is fair enough as it is a hotel in the middle of a busy town. The nearest alternative is in the Lurke Street multi storey, where we left my car. It feels miles away from the hotel when you get there but it is actually only a short 5 minute walk (It was also free on a Saturday night, through to Sunday morning!).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following a recent stay. I am really sorry for the disrubtion caused by other guests. We do ask resident to me respectful of others, especially during sleeping hours. When this does not happen, we to are disappointed. I seincerly hope this does not prevent you from considering us again in the future

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I had afternoon tea here with some family and although I live in the area I had never been before but I will not be returning for afternoon tea here again. We booked for one gluten free option as I am a Coeliac. The Gluten free bread was rock solid so sent back- waited about half hour for them to return but in the mean time told one of the waiting staff to cancel the GF sandwiches and we would move onto the sweets. No communication between staff members as the GF sandwiches arrived 10 minuets later!
About 5 different people served our table of which I don't think any were overly happy.
Cake selection provided for non gluten free members of my party were not as advertised and generally this experience is not worth the money!
On a positive note the setting is very nice and the caramel redbush tea was very nice too. Our bill was discounted due to our complaint.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review following your visit for afternoon tea. I am very sorry to hear you felt let down for the service on this occasion. As you said - my team did try and resolve the issues and recompence you at the time.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We had a superior room on the Internet, the bedroom was comfortable, with a small river view. But the room was small and the bathroom needed a face lift. The barman in the bar was very rude, as he put my drink in the small glass, for tonic and it went onto the bar and didn't wipe it up. The breakfast was quick nice, but the chairs and tables needed dusting. Reception was good.

Room tip: One with a river view
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments following a recent stay. I am so sorry to hear about this bar service and please be assured I intend to pick this up with the food and beverage manager. I am pleased to see the bed was confotable and you enjoyed our riverside location. Also good to see you made use of the restaurant and enjoyed this.

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Staying on a dinner bed and breakfast basis I was a bit put out to realize that I would not get a table in the restaurant until half eight , perhaps on booking I should have been asked if they could book me a table !
It was also a little off putting to be presented with the bill for food at the table and again having it added to the room charge the next morning
All easily rectified by polite and friendly staff ,but not ideal
The hotel itself is full of character and the room we had tastefully decorated and clean
The only other downside is that it does suffer from poor acoustics so not a brilliant nights sleep
All that said I would stay again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your recent stay. I am sorry about the restaurant booking time - and would expect my team to suggest booking when you initially made your reservation. I am sorry that this did not happen. I am please to see our staff were friendly and polite and that you liked the character of the property. I am pleased to see you will stay with us again too.