“Consistently good food and service”
Review of The Higgins Pantry

The Higgins Pantry
Ranked #21 of 444 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our little family has eaten here 3 times in the last 3 months and each time we have been delighted by the food, the atmosphere and the service. On each occasion we have felt really welcome, even when it has been seriously busy, we never felt rushed. Our latest visit was for Mother's day and it started so well with a glass of prosecco as a greeting! We chose the set menu for 4 with antipasto to start followed by ravioli and chicken milanese. Each course was delicious with generous portions. We did notice several 'doggy bags' being supplied for other tables but we took our time and finished almost everything! after a decent gap we even shared some unmissable zeppolelle. As always the cocktails and wine were spot on. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I had a fantastic tapas lunch here on Good Friday. Everything from the ambience, staff, service, drinks and food were top marks. I've eaten pretty much everywhere in Bedford and I can honestly say this is the best food in town. We are looking forward to our next visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I held an event at The Pantry this month. Rose and Vince made the event flow so smoothly.

The food was amazing and there was certainly plenty of it. The staff were very attentive to all our supporters throughout the night and could not do enough.

The food arrived on time and every course was piping hot.

The evening was a great success and we will certainly be holding another one later in the year.

Thank you everyone at the Pantry.

The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere whether you go just for coffee and cake, lunch or dinner with friends and family. You will not be disappointed. Next time you are looking for an excellent, authentic Italian meal pop in to The Pantry.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took my wife and child here last week and like always vince and the staff made my evening all that little bit more special! The food was amazing and cooked perfectly. If you ever decide to go to the Higgins pantry (witch I highly recommend you do) try the fish platter or spaghetti al vongole! ambsoulutly delicious!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Love this place.
Took my father here for his 70th birthday lots of us there and the service was fantastic.
The food was amazing as usual, it just kept on coming and coming!
Would highly recommend for any function or just an evening meal.
Very reasonably priced also.
Don’t take my word for it try it yourself