“Lovely Grilled Meat and Calamari”

Nazar Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 434 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2015

My partner and I thought we'd try Nazar after being bored of the usual drivel found on the Bedford High Street and have to say we were pleasantly surprised.

Prompt greeting and seating with complimentary flat bread and olives set the evening off right which was a nice bonus. For starters we decided to go for the 'Hot Mix Meze' which was very nice however undoubtedly the star of the show was the the Calamari. Although it was just breaded and fried, it was the most tender I'd ever tasted without even a hint of 'rubbery-ness'.

For mains we went for Kebabs rather than anything more traditional. The meat was nicely marinated, seasoned and perfectly grilled.

Overall, Nazar is a fantastic addition to Bedford High Street and I sincerely hope it remains there for years to come. Good service and great food as always, prove to be a winning recipe to the point that i'm already planning my next visit!

2  Thank SC_Insomnia
There are newer reviews for Nazar Turkish Restaurant

Reviewed 4 May 2015

Visited Nazar on a Thursday night with a group of friends. Staff were welcoming and attentive. Food was excellent and portions were a good size. Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Claire670
Reviewed 2 May 2015

we went there on Friday evening with my husband . For starter I had calamari which I had enjoyed very much and my husband ordered king prawn but he found the portion very small .For main course we had lamb shish and mixed grill which was fantastic. Meat was lovely and tender and portion was quite generous. Staff were very good. they were attentive without being over bearing. We will definitely go again and take our friends without any hesitation.

2  Thank Nazan S
Reviewed 29 April 2015

came on a friday night: no record of our booking! but still seated.
lovely interior though i find the 'acoustics' terrible. found it hard to have a conversation.

The food: chefs selection and lamb ribs. both were tasty and generous.
I was expecting the lamb ribs to be just a bit of meat on the bone but these were lovely and meaty and not too fatty.
chefs selection was all good.
just a shame about the rice served with the mains: nothing special and it lets the meal down a little.

Would rather have the 'free' bread they serve when you arrive. could eat that all day...

1  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed 29 April 2015 via mobile

Lovely visit, helpful staff, attentive service and good food.
Had meze to share and start, great choice. Kitchen looked busy and good interest point in center of restaurant. Busy sat eve and lovely atmosphere.

1  Thank GrandmaSims